New Desktop

ConorVincent

I am looking to completely buy a new desktop and there are things which i would like help on.
my two biggest uses i get out of my computer is music production and gaming, both which needs high specs in order for them to run to a good standard.
i have £1000 pound to spend and i would just like some tips and advice on what the best option for me.
i want 4.0GHZ processing power but i am not too sure on what's makes a good graphics card and i also would like advice on bulit in soundcards for example
would it be better if i bought an extrenal one and just kept a basic one for the tower.
i am fully informed on RAM and storage so i will need no advice or help on this.

any feedback will be very helpful.

Spuff

Expert
If you build a good PC for gaming it will be good for music if you get a suitable audio interface. If you build a good PC for music it will be good for gaming if you get a suitable GPU.
All PC's have a built in sound interface but probably not one you would want to use for music production. If you get an external audio interface you would not need to put anything extra in the PC. You could get a superior internal interface instead but I think you would get a better discussion on that vs an external interface on a music tech forum.

If you are going the NVIDIA route any of the 900 series will allow you to enjoyably game at 1080p. For 1080p gaming I would recommend a GTX 970, and a 970 can hold its own at 1440p as well.
AMD GPU's tend to give the equivalent graphics power at a lower price and may be the better choice on a tight budget.

Update: I would recommend that you want a PC of around £800 leaving £200 for the audio interface. You may opt for an audio interface much cheaper than that in which case you will have more for the PC. It all depends on how good you want your sound to be and what connections you need (there are interfaces more than £200). The sound you will hear also can only be as good as your headphones/speakers.
If you decide on an audio interface we can help you spec a PC with what you have left.

Last edited:

ConorVincent

Compatible

I have picked out all I want for my pc, so the next step for me would be to ask. Are all my parts compatible and any feedback and any good ideas on how to improve this list would be great. I have a budget of 1000 pounds and this comes to about 700.

[link removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

ConorVincent

If you build a good PC for gaming it will be good for music if you get a suitable audio interface. If you build a good PC for music it will be good for gaming if you get a suitable GPU.
All PC's have a built in sound interface but probably not one you would want to use for music production. If you get an external audio interface you would not need to put anything extra in the PC. You could get a superior internal interface instead but I think you would get a better discussion on that vs an external interface on a music tech forum.

If you are going the NVIDIA route any of the 900 series will allow you to enjoyably game at 1080p. For 1080p gaming I would recommend a GTX 970, and a 970 can hold its own at 1440p as well.
AMD GPU's tend to give the equivalent graphics power at a lower price and may be the better choice on a tight budget.

Update: I would recommend that you want a PC of around £800 leaving £200 for the audio interface. You may opt for an audio interface much cheaper than that in which case you will have more for the PC. It all depends on how good you want your sound to be and what connections you need (there are interfaces more than £200). The sound you will hear also can only be as good as your headphones/speakers.
If you decide on an audio interface we can help you spec a PC with what you have left.

Here, I have picked out my parts and I would just like sone advice on compatibility for example will all the parts go together in the case and will there be enough power? I have will be buying an external audio interface thanks for that advice.

ConorVincent

Compatible

I have picked out what I want for my pc build and would like advice on compatibility and any possible upgrades. I will be using this for gaming and music production and I have 800 pound budget which I am very close to it at the moment but that is not a concern. Any feedback will be great

Here is the list, it's on Amazon:

[link removed by mantadog]

Last edited by a moderator:

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
if you post a PCS build we can help you but lists from oither retailers are not permitted. It's because PCS sells custom made rigs and these forums are owned by PCS

steaky360

Hi ConorVincent, I've removed your link as you're not permitted to submit links to competitors (PCS build and sell custom PC's afterall).