PC keeps rebooting, different errors. Unidentified, requires diagnosis from TECH-GODS

Seraphine-x

PROBLEM: pc keeps rebooting

PC reboots, a while after start up. Rebooted when entering safe mode with networking, rebooted when entering window repair mode. Reboots in safe mode w networking

Managed to get into safe mode w networking, tried to attempt solution from this video: http://YouTube.com/watch?v=6S8bLMfH4Gs

But "choose what power buttons do" only had the first 2 options.

Can't seem to find it within "advanced settings" in "power plan" either.

ERRORS:
"The device, \device\hardisk0\dr0, has a bad block"

Level = critical, source = kernel-power, event ID = 41, task category = 63

Source = Service control manager, event ID = 7001

Source = service control manager, event ID = 7026

Source = distributedCOM, event ID = 10005

Source = Microsoft anti malware, event ID = 3002

PC PARTS:
i7-2600 3.4GHz
cooler master V6 (replaced fan)
MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Kingston 4GB DDR3-1333
WD 1TB 7200RPM HDD

MSI GTX560ti HAWK
(Arctic accelero twin turbo II)

SeaSonic X Series 760W 80+ gold fully-modular ATX power

Windows 7 home premium (64-bit)

Cover panel is off, high power external fan.

PC used for 10 hours
Scan took 6 hours, "limit CPU usage to 50%", I changed it to "20%" at the last 1/6 of the bar left.

I was scanning with Microsoft security essentials and doing work (multiple browser windows + PowerPoint) and had video running in the background for 7 hours.

Scanner detected "VirTool:Win32/obfuscator.XZ", I tried to remove it again (apparently I tried to remove it twice, 10 days before) it showed the error code 0x800700df. occured, saying that "the file exceeds the limit allowed and cannot be saved." again.

I permanently deleted the folder in D Drive (no shadow copy) afterwards and conduct a scan on the parent folder (limit CPU usage to 20%). It rebooted in the middle of it. Conducted quick scan, it rebooted in the middle of it again.

Went into programmes to remove the weird software(s) that installed itself somehow. (safe mode w networking)

OTHER INFORMATION: Was on a boot loop the week before until removing the RAM module from one of the slots fixed the problem. 3 faulty slots. I'm now left with 4GB RAM

(Before that) While looking for the problem, I cleaned up messy thermal compound and removed CPU chip several times (because compound went there), reapplied, and reattached.

Replugged:
-plug from the PSU to the mobo.
-plugs on the HDD
-plugs on the GPU

Dust blew the bottom of PSU with mesh filter plate removed, and the plug holes. (Thought it might be dusty and overheating or something due to that)

Everything has been dust blown.

Swapped out the stock cooler from MSI GTX560 Ti HAWK with ARCTIC ACCELERO TWIN TURBO II (250Watts)

Windows updates are up to 2014. Had not done most of the 2015 windows updates.

Would be great if any of you Technology-Gods could diagnose the problem. Thanks

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well, there's a lot of symptoms there and you're not going to like it, but the easiest course of fault diagnosing will be to start with a fresh reinstall of windows.

It sounds like you may have damaged blocks on your HDD so perhaps that is failing or perhaps the virus damaged a section, but until you reformat, there's no way of knowing.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
First off, unplug all externally attached devices (USB, serial port, unplug ALL of them) and see whether the problem remains.

What happens if you boot the Windows installation DVD and select the Repair option? Will it crash or reboot whilst running off that? If it does you have some sort of serious hardware problem, so that would be the first thing to try.

Whilst you have the Windows installation DVD booted enter the Repair option and run the memory diagnostic in there. It's not as good as Memtest but it will give you a feel for whether you have serious RAM issues.

Once you've checked the RAM (and assuming it's clean) open a command prompt, navigate to your C: and/or D: drive (do all drives) and enter the command "chkdsk /r" (without the quotes). This will check your filesystem and the disk surface for errors. If it finds filesystem errors it will try to correct them, if it finds surface errors it will try to allocate a spare sector. Be aware that in both cases there is a small chance that you might lose data.

If both those tests run to completion and the system doesn't reboot or crash then you should follow SpyderTracks advice and do a completely clean install of Windows. To do that delete all partitions on your drive, allocate a single partition the size of the drive (or whatever partitions you need) format the new partition(s) and install Windows into the first partition you created (Windows may allocate an additional tiny partition, this is normal and you should leave that tiny partition alone).

Once Windows is installed you should install all of the required drivers. You may need to download these on another computer and save them to a USB stick. Install the chipset driver first, install the VGA driver before the GPU driver, and install the LAN driver before the WLAN driver. The other drivers can go on in any order. If you're told to reboot then do it, that is important.

Then connect to the Internet and run Windows update, install only the Important updates, do not (at this point) install any optional updates and do not install driver updates found by Windows update. Keep running Windows update until there are no more Important updates to do.

Make no other changes and do not install any other software nor plug in any external hardware.

You now have the most stable software platform possible, so test the computer and see whether it will restart or crash now. If it does you have a hardware problem. Let us know if that's the case we can probably help you isolate it. If it doesn't crash then you should plug your external devices back in one at a time, testing after each one (especially if the device requires a driver install). Give it plenty of time to reboot or crash after each device, take your time.

Then you can reinstall all your third party programs, again do them one at a time, if you're told to reboot then do it, it will be important that you do. After each install test the computer to see whether it will reboot or crash. Again, take your time. Once all your programs are installed you can copy your data back, but be careful what you copy, you don't want to copy the problem back!

Last edited:

Seraphine-x

i went into bios and set it to optimised defaults.. it seemed to have stopped then, i scanned with malwarebytes and found a bunch of stuff, scanned with avg, quite a few severe virus/malware.

I would probably do the checkdisk and the hardware tests some other day when i don't have urgent work to do.

and maybe your solution to get out all the kinks.

thanks for all your help ! :)

Seraphine-x

i went into bios and set it to optimised defaults.. it seemed to have stopped then, i scanned with malwarebytes and found a bunch of stuff, scanned with avg, quite a few severe virus/malware.

I would probably do the checkdisk and the hardware tests some other day when i don't have urgent work to do.

and maybe your solution to get out all the kinks.

thanks for all your help ! :)

Hi,

False sense of security. It happened again after 8-9 hours of working fine since bios optimised default & malicious stuff removal.

I tried the command prompt safe mode for checkdisk.. It stated both drives were not dirty. Couldn't do the C drive, did D drive instead. It rebooted in the middle of it for safe mode with networking and the last time (command prompt safe mode) got quite far before it wouldn't let me do anymore before rebooting.

:'(

Photo 30-6-15 4 37 49 am.jpg

Photo 30-6-15 4 43 05 am.jpg

Last edited:

Seraphine-x

PROBLEM: pc keeps rebooting

PC reboots, a while after start up. Rebooted when entering safe mode with networking, rebooted when entering window repair mode. Reboots in safe mode w networking

Managed to get into safe mode w networking, tried to attempt solution from this video: http://YouTube.com/watch?v=6S8bLMfH4Gs

But "choose what power buttons do" only had the first 2 options.

Can't seem to find it within "advanced settings" in "power plan" either.

ERRORS:
"The device, \device\hardisk0\dr0, has a bad block"

Level = critical, source = kernel-power, event ID = 41, task category = 63

Source = Service control manager, event ID = 7001

Source = service control manager, event ID = 7026

Source = distributedCOM, event ID = 10005

Source = Microsoft anti malware, event ID = 3002

PC PARTS:
i7-2600 3.4GHz
cooler master V6 (replaced fan)
MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Kingston 4GB DDR3-1333
WD 1TB 7200RPM HDD

MSI GTX560ti HAWK
(Arctic accelero twin turbo II)

SeaSonic X Series 760W 80+ gold fully-modular ATX power

Windows 7 home premium (64-bit)

Cover panel is off, high power external fan.

PC used for 10 hours
Scan took 6 hours, "limit CPU usage to 50%", I changed it to "20%" at the last 1/6 of the bar left.

I was scanning with Microsoft security essentials and doing work (multiple browser windows + PowerPoint) and had video running in the background for 7 hours.

Scanner detected "VirTool:Win32/obfuscator.XZ", I tried to remove it again (apparently I tried to remove it twice, 10 days before) it showed the error code 0x800700df. occured, saying that "the file exceeds the limit allowed and cannot be saved." again.

I permanently deleted the folder in D Drive (no shadow copy) afterwards and conduct a scan on the parent folder (limit CPU usage to 20%). It rebooted in the middle of it. Conducted quick scan, it rebooted in the middle of it again.

Went into programmes to remove the weird software(s) that installed itself somehow. (safe mode w networking)

OTHER INFORMATION: Was on a boot loop the week before until removing the RAM module from one of the slots fixed the problem. 3 faulty slots. I'm now left with 4GB RAM

(Before that) While looking for the problem, I cleaned up messy thermal compound and removed CPU chip several times (because compound went there), reapplied, and reattached.

Replugged:
-plug from the PSU to the mobo.
-plugs on the HDD
-plugs on the GPU

Dust blew the bottom of PSU with mesh filter plate removed, and the plug holes. (Thought it might be dusty and overheating or something due to that)

Everything has been dust blown.

Swapped out the stock cooler from MSI GTX560 Ti HAWK with ARCTIC ACCELERO TWIN TURBO II (250Watts)

Windows updates are up to 2014. Had not done most of the 2015 windows updates.

Would be great if any of you Technology-Gods could diagnose the problem. Thanks

So, in the end.... i reformatted, disk checked, changed the HDD (650 bad sectors), used an 8 GB RAM for the last working RAM slot. Didn't know how to check for bad blocks.

Finally found out what it was, the Motherboard has overheated, eventually the last RAM slot would be rendered useless. It was a hardware problem.