No response from HDMI port / Cosmos III

Shali

Hello,

I recently purchased a cosmos 3 laptop with windows 8.1. As I attempted to connect my PC to TV with HDMI cable, I get no response what so ever. Neither computer or TV recognizes each other or the cable connected.

The cable/TC works fine with my old laptop with win 7. I also tested it with other laptop with win 8.1 and it worked just fine.

Could someone please help me out? I'm a bit worried that the whole HDMI port on my laptop could be broken as I tried Googling solutions without any result. Could this be the case?

Cheers,

steaky360

I don't suppose you can try the HDMI cable + the Cosmos III with a different display? See if it does not recognise that at all too?

Are your display drivers up to date?

Are there any hot keys for 'turning on' the external display (I don't own a Cosmos laptop so cant be sure but on my work laptop I need to press 'Fn+F4' to switch to an external display).

Shali

Hi Steaky,

I will have to try with other display to confirm the source of the problem, will do that as soon as I get the change to access another device.

According to the device manager, both Intel and Nvidia drivers should be up to date

device manager.png

Also, the Nvidia control panel says the drivers are up to date.

The following panel can be accessed via Fn+F7:

screens.png

This menu can be found under control panel as well, with the following default settings:

settings.png

Detect button doesn't seem to find anything when HDMI cable is connected.

If you need more details please let me know. Thank you for your help.

steaky360

Now I'm not sure if I'm making this up (it does happen) but I have it in the back of my mind that the HDMI port is linked to the Intel graphics driver... I'm not 100% sure of this but it could be the case.

Appreciate control panel said the drivers are up to date but its still worth checking Check Intel drivers here: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

I'm assuming when you try and set the screen to duplicate (for example) nothing happens on the external monitor either? Does the TV work with other PC's/Laptops??

Shali

I downloaded the Intel driver update utility program and it in fact found some drivers to be downloaded. However it seems that the download fails for some reason.

intel1.png

The version on the left is the one I currently have. On the right is the download history. I first downloaded the first (latest) version installed and restarted computer. After checking again, nothing has been in fact been installed.
I then decided to attempt to download and install the older version (second on the list, still newer than the one I got currently). I went through the same install process, and although it states that it has been installed, the version on the left box is still the current one. Lastly, I attempted to install the latest version again, but with no effect yet again.

I also checked Intel's website, and they have the following driver versions available:

intel2.png

These appear to be the same ones the utility manager found. I was also unable to install these.

Here is still a picture what the utility manager finds for download:

intel3.png

What do you think I should try next?

You are correct, when switching to dublicate or extended screen, nothing happens at all. The TV works fine with my old laptop with Win7 and with my girlfriend's laptop with Win 8.1 (with the same HDMI cable)

Last edited:

Shali

I checked the download process, it appears that although I start installing the latest version, the program for some reason attempts to install the current version I'm having again:

intel4.png