£1800 build can you give me advice if i should change anything.

Got2Game

I got £1800 not including monitor and this is what ive gone with, please let me know if you have any better idea's.

for really high end gaming, rendering, streaming and editing.

I will be SLI in a few months thats why I went with that PSU.

Case FRACTAL DESIGN ARC MIDI R2 MID-TOWER CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-4790k (4.0GHz) 8MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS® Z97-PRO GAMER: ATX, USB3.0, SATA 6GB/S, SLi, XFIRE
Memory (RAM) 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X FURY DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card 6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980 Ti - 1 DVI, 1 HDMI, 3 DP
2nd Graphics Card NONE
3rd Graphics Card NONE
1st Hard Disk 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk 2TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 64MB CACHE
1st PCI-E SSD Drive NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 16x BLU-RAY WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NONE
Memory Card Reader NONE
Power Supply CORSAIR 850W RM SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Processor Cooling Corsair H100i GTX Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Extra Case Fans NONE
Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Fan Controller NONE
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking WIRELESS 802.11N 150Mbps PCI-E CARD
Wireless Router/HomePlugs NONE
USB Options MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Firewire NONE
TV Card NONE
Power Cable 1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Operating System Genuine Windows 8.1 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence DPK
Windows 10 Upgrade FREE Upgrade to Windows 10 with all Windows 7 & Windows 8.1 Purchases*
DVD Recovery Media Windows 8.1 (64-bit) DVD with paper sleeve
Office Software FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365
Anti-Virus BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Browser Google Chrome™

Any advice is helpful.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Are you overclocking the cpu? if you are planning to sli I would suggest a bigger case

Got2Game

I hope to be overclocking in the future yes. bigger case ok thank you. what do you think about my sound car, wifi/wired and hard drive? would you say this is balanced? thanks for your help!

keynes

Multiverse Poster
There is no soundcard in the spec you posted. I wouldn't add any, you may want to try onboard audio first. Homeplugs will provide a more reliable connection compare to a wireless card.

Spuff

Expert
Yes, it's a good setup. You'll get high with it.
If I was going to SLI 980ti's I would go for a 1000w PSU. I'd want to stay well clear from the area of uncertainty.

Last edited:

berryal

also looking at this monitor to go with it guy's, what do you think? AOC G2460PQU 24"

Looks like a good screen. Has everything you'd want, 144hz, 1ms, etc. Only thing you might want to consider is that a 980 Ti is definitely overkill for 1080p unless it's just to stay in the super high frame rates. Better off going for something like a 1440p panel or something similar, thought 144hz would likely be off the cards due to budget. It's your choice really as to whether you'd prefer resolution or framerate (considering the frame rates are still gonna be pretty high even at 1440p).

Got2Game

Looks like a good screen. Has everything you'd want, 144hz, 1ms, etc. Only thing you might want to consider is that a 980 Ti is definitely overkill for 1080p unless it's just to stay in the super high frame rates. Better off going for something like a 1440p panel or something similar, thought 144hz would likely be off the cards due to budget. It's your choice really as to whether you'd prefer resolution or framerate (considering the frame rates are still gonna be pretty high even at 1440p).

Appreciate it, while i have been doing research on computers not very much on monitors thank you