Finally up and running!

Luucilu

And so! After this thread I made about being excited that my PC arrived whilst I was at work...

Two days later, it's finally all up and running! Here's a picture run down, for your viewing pleasure!

I tried opening the box myself, but I only had an extremely sharp knife,
and in my exitement my boyfriend deemed me too unsafe to risk letting me
open the box with a blade in my hand... so he did it, and I just took a picture...

Ns9q8m9.jpg

Then, I had to take apart the desk I was planning on using (donated by bfs
sister, as this pc wiped out all my money)... I'm pretty damn useless so my SO
helped me. Here's the end result after bringing it all inside after I'd cleaned it all.
I haven't even looked inside the PCS box yet. I wanted to only look at it when it
was ready to go on the desk.

mu14SLq.jpg

We finished rebuilding the desk and decided to have an ice lolly break as it
was rather hot... SO finished before me and was eager to get it out and had to
wait for me to finish my tropical fab...

voAWMNE.jpg

And here she is! Much thinner than I was expecting, which is perfect as we
have a pane of glass (extra from the desk) for her to sit on rather than carpet.
She's so elegant! Loving it.

1qTP1QH.jpg

She lives! Very gorgeous, really speedy!
smG9lhD.jpg

One things wrong though, I don't get wifi... I mean, the wifi card (802.11n) is barely picking wifi signals... I mean, they say "Good" but are themselves horrendous... I couldn't even download Google Chrome without nearly ripping my hair out. I ended up having to download it after hotspotting my phone. I'm allowed to use my neighbours wifi (SO's parents) and they get 15gb/s, and I couldn't get even google to load (and yes, the ariels are plugged in!)... I can't even get it to pick up my own terrible wifi (the router is in the room below us).

Obviously I'm chuffed with the PC, all seems to be good, but it's the wifi which is now ****ing me off. I mean. How will I download my Creative Suite programs for work? How will I download all my games? How will I freaking be able to log into Steam? I can't put my poor phone through hotspotting forever. I only have 5gb data to work with a month!

Drivers are also apparently up to date. I'm at an impass, here.

Otherwise, all is good. I'm thrilled about the gorgeousness with my new PC (specs in my signature)

Bye! :)

LFFPicard

Godlike
who is your internet provider?

It seems form the post she has tried her own and SO's parents next door so unless they are on the same router and same provider seems a bit odd.

Luucilu : From your post I am assuming you are using an iPhone for the hotspotting? Beside that the only question I can think of that might help narrow it down a bit is do you know if the wireless connections of your house and next door are 2.4ghz or 5ghz connections?
5ghz although faster has a pretty quick drop off on distance, I am in a really small flat and my 5ghz struggles not even 3 meters away (Granted it is through about 3 walls) but my 2.4ghz has great connection all through the flat and outside.

The other things you can try is how fast and reliable the connections are connecting on other wireless devices form your PC location, or try a clean un-install and re-install of the wireless drivers..

Other than that I am stumped :)

Giklab

Bronze Level Poster
Depending on your phone, you might be able to share the WiFi connection over USB (my phone does that). Congrats on the PC! :)

Kouri

Nope, deleted my comment. I'm stupid and didn't plug in the aerials, I could hear customer support facepalm when I asked if they were included. Haha.

LFFPicard

Godlike
Nope, deleted my comment. I'm stupid and didn't plug in the aerials, I could hear customer support facepalm when I asked if they were included. Haha.

Ha, that made me chuckle and cheered me up after just sorting out a painful response at work