Extreme overclocking AMD10 7850K, AIR COOLERS.

dav78

Hello, I would like to do the extreme overclocking of AMD10 7850K with AIR COOLERS. My Cabinet Corsair Graphite 780T Full-Tower, has already installed three fans, I can install three more, so as to improve the ventilation. I would avoid the water cooling, because I know that it may cause a loss.

AIR COOLERS What do you recommend for the extreme overclocking of AMD10 7850K of ATX motherboard asrock fm2a88x Extreme6 +?
If we need to add fans in the AIR COOLERS to improve performance, you can tell me?

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
So many questions here...

Why do you want to overclock that chip so high? Why do you have a comparatively low end chip in such a high end case? Why specifically air cooling, water cooling is best for overclocking and the latest all in one pre filled units are pretty much bulletproof.

mishra

Rising Star
Air Cooling? Go NH-D14. Yes, I'm biased because I have one... but it's still freaking awesome after all these years!

Karnor00

Bright Spark
For overclocking the case fans are much less important than the CPU cooler. The NH-D14 is a very good option tho it's been superceded by the newer NH-D15 now.

But if you really want to go for extreme overclocking then water is typically a much better option. If you are worried about leaks causing problems, then overclocking alone can cause issues (particular at extreme levels).