I5 4690K Temp

Kable

Hi I was wondering what a safe temperature for my cpu should be? When I play let's say bf4 it can go over 95 degrees celcius! Is that safe?

Kable

Untitled.pngNo its not overclocked, and built myself.
Motherboard: MSI Gaming 5
GPU: Radeon R9 280x Dual Sapphire
RAM: 8gb 1600 MHZ

Those temps are when not doing anything.

Last edited:

mishra

Rising Star
Is it a stock cooler? If so get rid of it ASAP!

Temps are way too high... you sure fan is spinning? If it's a custom cooler you sure fan has been attached correct way (as in blow air through the cooler, not the other way around!) ?

edit: but from that image you posted I can see max temps of only 66C! ... so where do you get the mentioned 95C ?

Last edited:

Kable

Yeah it's a stock cooler, and it is spinning, I applied new thermal paste yesterday but the temps maybe dropped about 2-3 degrees, and I dont know what you mean only 66 degrees, the pic is when pc is on idle, when I put a game on even like harry potter lego it reaches 79 degrees lol

mishra

Rising Star
Sorry missed the bit about idle temps! My bad.
In short 66C on idle is way too high - you need to get a 3rd party cooler and get rid of that stock cooler. It's a disgrace Intel still gives this crap away with their CPUs!

Meanwhile, you can check in BIOS if your FAN settings are not set on "ultra-quiet". In the end you do need a new cooler:
- Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
- Noctua NH-U9B
- Noctua NH-D14 or NH-D15
- etc...

.. you can also get watercooling but I know nothing about it so will leave it to others to advise.

mishra

Rising Star
I cant see what else it could be - do check that BIOS setting, maybe it just need switching from "quiet" to "normal" or so... but I bet your problem is the stock cooler as these are not fit for purpose even when you do not overclock!

If you go down route of buying new cooler make sure it will fit your case. Some coolers are quite bulky so make sure it will fit before you buy it.

ps. Your attachment do not seem to work.