Wi fi receiver not working

chrissib

Bronze Level Poster
Just bought a wi fi receiver with the intent of replacing an old hi fi, and replacing with an amp connected to a wi fi receiver the wirelessly play music from my tablet.

I have followed he instructions but I cant get it to work.

It is a 'Veetop' device. My amp and speakers play music from my tablet if I connect it through a cable, so I know the amp works fine. I used the same cable (supplied with the Veetop box) to connect my amp to the Veetop, and connected to the Veetop network under wi fi settings on my tablet.

When I play the music, it only plays locally on the tablet. Yet I can connect a bluetooth speaker over wi fi and the tablet plays wirelessly through the bluetooth speaker ok. However I cannot get the tablet to play to the new wi fi Veetop unit.

The instructions are not at all detailed, but it suggests I have to have apps which use DLNA, so I have downloaded BubbleUNpN player which was one of the suggested players, but this still didn't help. Any ideas greatly appreciated
Chrissib

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If the sound is playing locally when you play a track, that suggests that it's not connecting with the Veetop box, or that the player isn't supported.

The first thing you could try is download the Airmusic for Android, a+music for iOS app and see if you can connect to the veetop box to see its settings. If you can then it suggests the player is perhaps the issue.

What tablet do you have?

Last edited: