Turning OFF from the Main!!!

bilal_3715

I've had my pc for over a year now and because I've started to turn it off from the mains for some reason when I turn it on from the mains and than turn the pc on, it just turns off and than starts again and even than it takes me to the BIOS option screen were I press "F1" and than "exit without saving" and my pc finally restarts properly. Im facing this issue every time im turning my pc off from the mains so does anyone know why im facing this issue?

Another issue I have faced is that sometimes (not recently had this issue) the pc just freezes and get a LOUD "beeeeeppp" noise which forces my to turn the pc off manually so what could be causing this?

Last edited:

Spuff

Expert
Have a look in your motherboard manual and see what it says your beep means.
All your symptoms don't sound good at all.
The obvious thing about the boot issues is that you power settings may be messed up. Is there any setting in there that could be causing this?
Have you done a full malware scan?
I'd be inclined to re-install Windows. If on a fresh install the boot issue still happens you will at least know then that it is a hardware, rather than software, issue.

Rakk

The Awesome
Just out of curiosity what do you mean by 'turning it off at the mains', do you mean you're just turning the power supply off (from the plug socket), or just turning it off using the power button - without shutting down properly? - Note: sorry if this sounds like a stupid question - but it's early and I'm just not quite sure what you mean :)

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
My initial thought is that the battery on the motherboard perhaps needs replacing.

Need to check the manual on that beep though

bilal_3715

Just out of curiosity what do you mean by 'turning it off at the mains', do you mean you're just turning the power supply off (from the plug socket), or just turning it off using the power button - without shutting down properly? - Note: sorry if this sounds like a stupid question - but it's early and I'm just not quite sure what you mean :)

I turn the pc off (shut it down) and over the night I turn the main power switch off aswell.

Also how can I check the motherboard manual because I only have a slight experience when it comes to pc (basic)???

No clue about the power settings.

Also is there a way to change the forum nickname???

Spuff

Expert
Also how can I check the motherboard manual because I only have a slight experience when it comes to pc (basic)???

No clue about the power settings.

If it is a PCS PC you would have got the motherboard manual in your pack.
The power settings are in Windows control panel.