Opinions please

Ixviperxi

hi guys,
i am looking to upgrade my graphics card on my PC
i have recently been offered 2 gtx 680's for £80
how good of a deal is this and are 2 gtx 680s a decent setup for newer games.
and also will my 650w psu be sufficient.
thanks in advance

keynes

Multiverse Poster
650w won't be enough, you can check benchmarks online for the GTX 680. You also need to check that you have a suitable motherboard that supports SLI as well as a decent case for good cooling.

Ixviperxi

Hi thanks for the answer.
I have a asus p8p67 pro mobo in a corsair obsidian 750D
what is the minimum psu I will need do you think?

jammey

Enthusiast
I should say an 750w, if you want some extra headroom you can get an 850w. Oh and one more thing, I would take two 680s for £80 every day of the week! Thats such a good deal I'd be checking that they work properly.

Ixviperxi

Ok thanks very much. They are refurbished cards with a 3 month warrantee. Would you say it's still a good deal even with the added cost of a new PSU. or should I go for a more powerful single card?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Ok thanks very much. They are refurbished cards with a 3 month warrantee. Would you say it's still a good deal even with the added cost of a new PSU. or should I go for a more powerful single card?

It depends on how risk averse you are. I wouldn't buy a PC component with a 3 month warranty. 2 GPUs will run hotter and noisier. If you can afford a gtx 970 I would go for one instead.

jammey

Enthusiast
It's still a good deal, better performance per pound than if you were to buy one new. However, a single card from new will have a longer warranty, stay future compatible for much longer (notice I said "compatable", not "proof"), won't require you to change your PSU and in the case of you getting a high-end one, will result in better performance. The 970, 80 and 80ti now have similar price to performance ratio, so if you chose to go new, get the most expensive one that will fit in your budget.