What's Everyone Playing?

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
Been playing Fishing Planet NON-STOP since it was released a couple of weeks ago. I'm addicted to it.

I'm also on ETS2 a little.

steway

Bronze Level Poster
I disagree....I have played all racing games, over time...Starting with GPL, NR2003, GTL, GTR, GTR2, Race07, GTRevo, GSC, rFactor 1&2, AC, ....I have also driven/Raced in RL too, and been involved in development of computer games, ....The thing I found with other driving games over the years, is how they all feel...Mostly, all the same...All the cars in other games use some sort of canned effects on their FFB feel, (which is very sad, IMO, but understandable) for the masses, to make money....This is why it's very sad, all that play driving games, are not all real life racing drivers (the masses) have become used to these canned effects in the FFB, and among driving game players, as well as a few hardcore Sim racers, have been conditioned to believe that, this is how a RL race car behaves, (Just add some more grip, and canned FFB effects, you know, like that other game, and we're in the money)

I do find that very sad, as a RL driver/Racer, because what people are playing right now, is not real feel at all...What Project CARS have done, is yes, very risky, at the same time I take off my hat to the Devs of pCARS and say YES, this IS the feeling of REAL LIFE...Why? because they took the risk, and broke the mould to give to people the REAL thrill of driving :) It's unlike any other driving game, because pCARS FFB is Vehicle, tire, road, and physics driven, no canned effects at all, just the REAL LIFE FEEL....

Of course they will have, all the lol's and people that just don't understand....Of course some will say Arcade, that's the risk they took....Given time, people will see that pCARS is as real as it gets on video game, and without them canned FFB feelings.....I'm not saying the other racing games are not fun to play, they are ans some are great fun. :) Project cars is not the same because it's arcade...It's not the same because...It's REAL.

Mattie

I got addicted to this game just over a month ago, i play it a lot more during the week cause there more chance of stuff going on, even though its dead at the weekends i cant help but check in. Recently there's been massive lag as well so nothing at all is happening. The game is called .............."refresh the PCS order page" and i haven't made up my mind yet about whether id recommend it, i wanna complete it first, but its a deceptively tricky game, i just cant work out how to get past the "in building" stage!

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Mattie, trolling the forums isn't going to get you anywhere. There are issues with the latest Intel processors that are not exclusive to PCS. All PC builders are having issues. It's new technology, it happens all the time and PCS are NOT to blame for it!

LFFPicard

Godlike
Well, I loaded Rift up to give it another go only to find they have migrated to new systems (Glyph) not retained my old account, merged servers and deleted my characters along with the founders/subscription items I had (Got it on launch and paid for founder perks).
After a few emails, granted quick responses. I was basically told the nature of the system they wont do anything. So I shall not be playing that again!

steway

Bronze Level Poster
Mattie, trolling the forums isn't going to get you anywhere. There are issues with the latest Intel processors that are not exclusive to PCS. All PC builders are having issues. It's new technology, it happens all the time and PCS are NOT to blame for it!

I know this is OT...I just about ready to order a gaming rig from PCS, is there anymore info about these issues with the CPU's? As I'm not finding any on the web?...Should I hold off my order for a while?

steway

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks for that :) I will hold for a while, had ASUS with Intel for years, I dear say the Gigabyte boards are good and up there with ASUS, just a personal preference thing....Sorry for OT ;)

steway

Bronze Level Poster
Also I'm into playing chess, so "Battle vs Chess" On Steam, is an Awesome game, online or offline ;)

Alan16ac

Gold Level Poster
Well there's a lot to read through. I have moved house since posting this, so this is the first time I've used my laptop. Had no time for gaming at all. Back on topic now, will have a read through and see what's good :)

Alan16ac

Gold Level Poster
Hearts and Solitaire

LOL, thanks for that one ;)

Been playing World of Warcraft since it came out, with some breaks in-between playing Eve which works out expensive for what it is,Rift is now ftp and is meh!, and most of the other ftp mmorpg out there.
Always come back to WoW though :)

I used to play WoW all the time, even on my breaks in work! Haven't been on it for about 4 years, when my friends stopped playing, found it boring alone. I wonder if my account is still active.

Just started playing Yu Gi Oh.

Cannot believe i got to my 30's and never played this. :D

Yu-Gi-Oh! was always overshadowed by Pokemon for me. It was all things Pokemon, and I wasn't interested in Yu-Gi-Oh! I still play pokemon on my Gameboy and DS. I've recently started trying to collect the rest of the cards to complete my set :p

Alan16ac

Gold Level Poster
I got addicted to this game just over a month ago, i play it a lot more during the week cause there more chance of stuff going on, even though its dead at the weekends i cant help but check in. Recently there's been massive lag as well so nothing at all is happening. The game is called .............."refresh the PCS order page" and i haven't made up my mind yet about whether id recommend it, i wanna complete it first, but its a deceptively tricky game, i just cant work out how to get past the "in building" stage!

I'm sorry to hear you're not having the best experience with PCS. I do believe the reason possibly why, has been cleared up in another thread. Maybe give them an actual call and see where it's at, as it's easy for businesses to drown in emails.
I can assure they are a good company too. I've ordered two laptops from them now, one for gaming, and one for office type work and they are both excellent. Best laptops I've owned. When I've contacted them about one or two minor issues they have been very helpful... So aftersales seems good too. Something I can guarantee is better than anywhere else in the UK that sells PCs.

micgup

Bronze Level Poster
I seem to have plenty of games I've not started yet in my steam library.. Might have something to do with Witcher 3 taking all my attention! 80+ hours and only 31% through.
Such an excellent game in all aspects.

Mick