Build quality/Robustness (Octane, Defiance, Vortex)

kam67

Enthusiast
Hi

Was wondering which of these laptops is most robust and has the best build quality. Am particularly interested in the lids/screen casing, as they seem to be generally quite flimsy in most laptops. Thanks!

daveeb

Enthusiast
Hi Kam 67

I can only speak for the Vortex IV, it's built like a tank (quite heavy if you're planning to use it as a traditional laptop), the screen feels pretty solid and is really sharp and bright. I'd recommend it.

Alan16ac

Gold Level Poster
I can also speak for the Vortex IV. It's pretty robust. Had it 18 months now, and was unfortunate enough to drop it onto tiled flooring. No damage and it still runs like the day I got it. I bought it for gaming mobility, and it's been great. It is quite heavy, but feels really well built. I'd recommend it over anything! Best laptop I've had. So happy with it and personally wouldn't use anyone other than PCS now.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Another thumbs up to the Vortex, although I have the 17" version. It's built incredibly well, worth mentioning that it's an aluminium chassis which plastic surrounds, very sturdy.

Not just is it built well, but when upgrading to Windows 10, I had no issues at all with drivers, whereas other models had problems.