question about backup image

russellhearn69

I've been looking about and can't really find a straight answer so i'm hoping one of the gurus on here can help me, i have just reinstalled windows 7 and i am in the process of installing all the main software that i use on a daily basis but i am looking for a quicker way to do this, so once i have everything i want in stalled on my laptop i would like to take a complete image of my system so that i can do a recovery at short notice and have everything there as soon as the laptop finishes doing the recovery, I.E all drivers installed, all software and playlist loaded etc. Is there any software that would suit my needs?

Thanks in advance

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've been looking about and can't really find a straight answer so i'm hoping one of the gurus on here can help me, i have just reinstalled windows 7 and i am in the process of installing all the main software that i use on a daily basis but i am looking for a quicker way to do this, so once i have everything i want in stalled on my laptop i would like to take a complete image of my system so that i can do a recovery at short notice and have everything there as soon as the laptop finishes doing the recovery, I.E all drivers installed, all software and playlist loaded etc. Is there any software that would suit my needs?

Thanks in advance

There are plenty.

For paid, acronis true image is widely regarded as the best.

For free, there's clonezilla

Pagey

Bright Spark
Actually from Windows 7 and onwards it has it's own in-built backup software.

You can re-install from an image without even having to install Windows first.

russellhearn69

So I went ahead and got Acronis true image and found it to be perfect for what i need, total backup size was a lot smaller than i thought it was going to be at only 62GB.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So I went ahead and got Acronis true image and found it to be perfect for what i need, total backup size was a lot smaller than i thought it was going to be at only 62GB.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

It is very good and straightforward to use, glad you're happy :)