Cooler Master Silencio 550

RS2OOO

Gold Level Poster
Whilst not exactly a case request, as I already have the Silencio 550, I just wanted to comment on how pleased I am with this case.

I'm not a gamer but my PC is used extensively so my aim when purchasing was to find a case that was aesthetically pleasing in piano black (to fit with the theme of my front room), with excellent cooling but relative silence. Nothing seemed to fit the bill better than the Silencio 550 despite reviews suggesting there are cases within this price range offering superior cooling.

I also opted for additional case fans when making the purchase so have 5 fans in total - 2 front (800 RPM), 2 rear and one bottom.

Right now the PC has been on for 5 hours, there's 38 internet tabs open, Outlook and Excel are open and the current CPU tempt is 39 Celsius and the motherboard is 31 Celsius. The highest I've ever seen it is 48 Celsius (during a session of video editing).

Beyond all that the thing that amazed me most was that a few days ago I decided to strip the PC down to give it a thorough clean for the first time in 3 Years and to my surprise the internals looked brand spanking new with no dust whatsoever. I clean the front dust filters regularly but have never cleaned the bottom one before and that was pretty clogged up but took no longer than 5 minutes to removed and thoroughly clean.

All in all I'm really impressed with this case and still can't see any case that I think looks better - I love the subtlety, the silence and the finish and think it looks far more expensive than what it costs compared to other cases.

Whether the cooling is sufficient enough for high level gaming I really don't know, all I can say is that for noise suppression and looks that wont look out of place in a front room, and value for money, I highly recommend this ageing case.

top1.jpg