Do I really need to upgrade my CPU?

moheli

Silver Level Poster
I want to buy a 15.6" Defiance II with a GTX 970M and 8GB RAM for intensive, and long periods, of gaming and 1080p30fps DSR streaming But I'm unsure whether or not the i7-6700HQ is already more than enough or if I should spend an additional £67 for the i7-6820HK.

Also I heard that the CPU cannot be upgraded on this laptop in which case I'd be more than happy to go a little over-budget for that "future-proof", can somebody confirm whether or not that's true.

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
I want to buy a 15.6" Defiance II with a GTX 970M and 8GB RAM for intensive, and long periods, of gaming and 1080p30fps DSR streaming But I'm unsure whether or not the i7-6700HQ is already more than enough or if I should spend an additional £67 for the i7-6820HK.

Also I heard that the CPU cannot be upgraded on this laptop in which case I'd be more than happy to go a little over-budget for that "future-proof", can somebody confirm whether or not that's true.

The more expensive CPU just has a slightly higher clock speed and shouldn't affect gaming, I would stick with the standard i7