Wanted to learn the basics

Hi im a newbie in this forum and gladly i found this forums about photography. Can someone pls teach me the basics that I ca do? I have my new camera its a canon t31100D. Tutorials pls

steaky360

Hi im a newbie in this forum and gladly i found this forums about photography. Can someone pls teach me the basics that I ca do? I have my new camera its a canon t31100D. Tutorials pls

I'm not going to say that no body will help you here (because I'd imagine someone will if they have the knowledge) but this forum is primarily about PC's not cameras, you might have better luck on some dedicated photography/camera forums if I'm honest.

Hopefully someone will come along soon and reply and make me eat humble pie, but I wouldn't wait if you're wanting to learn :)

Best of luck!

mishra

Rising Star
A great start is to check out this forum: https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/ it's got everything about photography you can possible think of.
Also, check around where you live for a local photography club, join in, meet people and that is simply the quickest way to catch the basics.. other than that it's lots of googling and checking out various guides.

As it was mentioned before this is mainly a computer/tech forum, there are some people here who dabble in photography, but I bet it will be easier to just answer some of your specific questions rather than.. teach you the "basics". It's like teaching someone to drive over Internet... it's just doesn't work like that. Feel free to ask questions tho, this is a great forum with great people...

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
I got a half decent camera a couple years back, the best thing to do is play with it. Learn what adjusting the aperture, shutter and ISO does to photos in various scenarios. You don't waste film like the old days, you can shoot 10,000 photos in a day delete all but 5 of them and do it again tomorrow.

I spent ages learning the theory about building a PC, but until I did it didn't really sink in. Just go and play with it, if you then have a specific problem then you can come back and be more specific.

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
Very strange that you came here to post a new thread on photography when this is for computers.

Anyway, as Mishra says, head to the TalkPhotography website....... Lots of great advice there on how to begin.