BSOD something to do with my gpu

WP_20151029_21_05_52_Pro.jpgWP_20151029_21_05_52_Pro.jpgHi, my laptop just crashed and this is the error message I recived, what does it mean and how do I fix it?

Glissov

Bronze Level Poster
Reboot in safe mode, roll back the wifi driver or uninstall. Reboot again, download newest driver from website and install, let me know if it works

Make a restore point once your computer is stable again in case any future updates cause your computer to become unstable, that way you can just roll back.

Last edited:

Glissov

Bronze Level Poster
Also, it is worth pointing out that issues like that can occur as a result of Windows 10 auto updating. With win 10 Home, you do not have any choice, you automatically get every single update.
With windows 10 professional you get to choose what updates to install...less chance for incompatibilities.

Glissov

Bronze Level Poster
Start menu > Settings > Network and Internet > Ethernet > Change adapter settings > Right click the wireless network card (though it could be your Ethernet port (wired) if your wireless is already disabled)) > Configure > Driver > Rollback if possible otherwise uninstall.

Glissov

Bronze Level Poster
I have win 10 pro, and was using a wired connection with WiFi not connected. Also how do I roll back the WiFi driver?

In that case what did you update/change prior to your error message. Something must have changed..what are your setting at for windows updates? Are they dont download or have you got it set up for auto updates regardless of having win 10 pro?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
What did you change prior to the BSOD?

Have you changed or updated any drivers at all? The BSOD does suggest a network driver but BSODs can often be driver conflicts, so although the network driver took the BSOD the problem might be elsewhere. That BSOD is almost always driver related though.

Whatever changes you made just before the BSDO should be reversed. You can do this either by rolling back the driver (from Device Manager) or by going back to a System Restore point that was either taken automatically or which you (hopefully) took manually.

BTW. In Windows 10 Pro you can't choose not to install updates. You get them all just as you do with Windows 10 Home. The difference is that with Pro you can choose to defer Upgrades.

I know about the update deferral thing. The only thing I cant think of anything I have changed recently, but when I had hyper-v it messed up my network settings so both WiFi and Ethernet say they are Ethernet though that was quite a while ago

Last edited:
Download BlueScreenView (link). It should point you to the cause by showing you what DLLs are being referenced in the memory dump that occurred at the time of the crash. I haven't tried this with Windows 10, but I've used it many times with previous versions of Windows.

Glissov

Bronze Level Poster
Well, just keep the wireless disabled then, so that you do not have any interference and hopefully with the reset of the gigabit driver, its now solved the issue :) Have fun enjoying your computer, hoping for mine next week!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
View attachment 7382
Nope it happened again and again with planeside! Though WiFi was connected this time could that be it?

That BSOD is almost always a driver problem, so yes it could be your wifi. A couple of questions first though:

1. Did you buy this laptop with Windows 10 Pro already installed or did you upgrade it from an earlier version of Windows?

2. If you upgraded it, what drivers (if any) did you manually install? Where did you get those drivers from?

If you bought it with Windows 10 pre-installed then I'd suggest you see whether there is an updated driver for your wireless card (though Windows update should have done that already). Use the same process you used for your LAN card; uninstall the existing driver, reboot, and install the new driver.

The previous problem was with ndis.sys, where now it is SynTP.sys. Googling SynTP.sys seems to indicate that it is the Synaptics driver for your touchpad, so try updating that.