BSOD something to do with my gpu

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I tried this and it said the driver was up to date. Should I roll I back/reinstall?

My advice is that you should stop and come up for air.

What you are now doing we call "poke and hope" and it's likely to lead you down a whole bunch of rabbit holes and get you more and more frustrated. Troubleshooting requires a planned, careful, step-by-step, approach.

You didn't answer the questions I posed earlier, and I asked them for a reason. Let me explain....

1. Did you buy this laptop with Windows 10 Pro already installed or did you upgrade it from an earlier version of Windows?

2. If you upgraded it, what drivers (if any) did you manually install? Where did you get those drivers from?

If this was an upgrade to Windows 10 there are many known driver issues.

Generally the best way to upgrade (experience is showing) is to first visit your account on the main PCS website and download all the Windows 10 drivers for your build there (if there are any). Then, do the upgrade, run Windows Update and allow it to install all the drivers that it finds (you can't stop it installing drivers, so just sit back and let it). Keep running Windows Update until no more updates (of any type) are found.

Once Windows Update has finished you will probably have to install the chipset driver yourself (Windows Update doesn't generally find those for laptops). Use the Windows 10 one you downloaded from PCS, if there was no Windows 10 chipset driver available use the Windows 8.1 chipset driver (they mostly seem to work). Then use Device Manager to find any devices with no driver installed (there will be a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in it) and install the Windows 10 driver you downloaded from PCS, if there was no driver for that device available from PCS then try the Windows 8.1 driver. It is entirely possible that there is no driver available for a specific device in your laptop that works with Windows 10, which means you can't run Windows 10 reliably.

On the other hand, if it came pre-installed with Windows 10 then it will have been working when you got it. So what has changed since then?

I bought the laptop with windows 10 pro and the only drivers I have installed the Bluetooth/wifi driver and the control center driver because they weren't installed to start with, and yes I did get the drivers from the pcs site. As for what has changed, well I'm not sure.
Oh and it happen again
WP_20151103_08_15_20_Pro.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I bought the laptop with windows 10 pro and the only drivers I have installed the Bluetooth/wifi driver and the control center driver because they weren't installed to start with, and yes I did get the drivers from the pcs site. As for what has changed, well I'm not sure.
Oh and it happen again
View attachment 7386

There are many drivers that you need installed as a minimum for the laptop to function stabily, including chipset drivers, IME and others, without those it'll bsod constantly.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Shouldnt they have been already installed? In fact shouldn't all the driver have been pre-installed? Bear in mind I haven't changed the os or done a clean install

Yes they should but it does seem as though you've been having issues lately and you've certainly done a fair bit of messing around with drivers as part of your troubleshooting.

It's possible that this is a hardware problem. It's very unlikely given the BSOD but possible. If it were mine I'd do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 followed by all the PCS supplied drivers (install the chipset driver first). If you're aksed to reboot then do so, it's important. Before you connect to the Internet at all see whether you can get it to BSOD.

If it won't BSOD then connect to the Internet and run Windows update until there are no more updates found to install. Then see whether you can get it to BSOD again.

What you're doing here is gradually building your system bit by bit to see whether you can identify what causes the problem. Often you'll find that everything just works, so you had some unknown glitch which has now gone.

As they say; when you're in a hole, stop digging. :)