P870dm(g)

Niwoo

The old Vortex IV Elite keeps popping up on the store randomly and throwing me off because I keep thinking it is the new P870DM(G) being released!
The wait is killing me, I am just waiting to pounce on ordering that beauty.

Could PCS update us on when the new chassis can be ordered? A few sellers claim that next week is their target.

Sidenote: Does anyone know where I could obtain an AC-100 converter box for powering 660W using 2x 330W PSUs? I live in the UK.

Thanks!

Lexx87

The old Vortex IV Elite keeps popping up on the store randomly and throwing me off because I keep thinking it is the new P870DM(G) being released!
The wait is killing me, I am just waiting to pounce on ordering that beauty.

Could PCS update us on when the new chassis can be ordered? A few sellers claim that next week is their target.

Sidenote: Does anyone know where I could obtain an AC-100 converter box for powering 660W using 2x 330W PSUs? I live in the UK.

Thanks!

They told me "end of november" when I asked them about this model.

Niwoo

Looks like XMG/Mysn UK has just updated their store page for this one. ETA Nov 14th. Seems like I am going to have to go with whoever has availability first.

Parramatta

Silver Level Poster
Looks like XMG/Mysn UK has just updated their store page for this one. ETA Nov 14th. Seems like I am going to have to go with whoever has availability first.

Harder to navigate their site. Do you know if a 17" 4K screen is coming to anything other than the P870DM? I was hoping the 17" 4K screen would be offered across the range of laptops, just like the 15" sizes have 4K screens available.

Lexx87

I pre-ordered over at Mysn - they emailed me with more friendly and quicker answers to my queries :)

All it takes is a smiley face, i'm an easy lay.

Niwoo

Yeah I ordered from XMG on Nov 4th. People who buy these "Godtops" usually start to follow them way before release and resellers who release or allow orders first usually snatch the majority I reckon. PCS also kind of bothered me when they wouldn't let me order the thing with no hard drives when everyone else does, meaning I would be wasting £30 speccing their cheapest drive then chucking it on receipt just to put in my own. May not seem much but that's the cost of their 5 day fast track when others like XMG build that time without charging more.

4K is overrated especially if there is no GSync. Got to have GSync for games, should be the new standard for any gaming related display, perhaps 4K on my next Godtop when a single flagship card can actually run AAA games on it 60fps+. Even then I swear 1440p is plenty for a 17" screen. They should really push 144hz and OLED before trying to push 4K.

Last edited:

Niwoo

...and my system is in production already. PCS still doesn't have it on catalogue, looks like I went with the right choice.

u07jrb

I too am interested in the newest Clevo but I see in XMG that you can only have a 970m sli or a 980 desktop. Is there a 980m sli option, as its slightly faster than 980 desktop?

Lexx87

I too am interested in the newest Clevo but I see in XMG that you can only have a 970m sli or a 980 desktop. Is there a 980m sli option, as its slightly faster than 980 desktop?

XMG say there has been such low demand for 980m SLI it's not on offer at the moment.

To be honest I avoid SLI as the benefits are offset by the numerous issues they cause :(

u07jrb

My current is a 680m SLI and I have found SLI excellent. Only a few minor issues over the past 3 years which are normally fixed within a day of game release. Hopefully PCS will do a 980mSLI P870dm(g).

Lexx87

My current is a 680m SLI and I have found SLI excellent. Only a few minor issues over the past 3 years which are normally fixed within a day of game release. Hopefully PCS will do a 980mSLI P870dm(g).

I wouldn't hold your breath, it'll be the full 980 to start with.

My current is a PC Spec, but XMG's customer service has been so so so so so so so much better that i've switched over.

u07jrb

Well I see pcs has it now (vortex V). They also have 980m sli which is a must for me. Bought it for a good price imo (2550). XMG are doing 980m sli soon but they quoted me 2900 for the equivalent system.

All we can do now is to pray for the arrival of the P775dm at PCS :tt2:
Please PCS!, i only need your confirmation that you are going to sell the P775dm, and i´ll wait all you need ^^

Last edited:
4k on 1080p DSR

Yeah I ordered from XMG on Nov 4th. People who buy these "Godtops" usually start to follow them way before release and resellers who release or allow orders first usually snatch the majority I reckon. PCS also kind of bothered me when they wouldn't let me order the thing with no hard drives when everyone else does, meaning I would be wasting £30 speccing their cheapest drive then chucking it on receipt just to put in my own. May not seem much but that's the cost of their 5 day fast track when others like XMG build that time without charging more.

4K is overrated especially if there is no GSync. Got to have GSync for games, should be the new standard for any gaming related display, perhaps 4K on my next Godtop when a single flagship card can actually run AAA games on it 60fps+. Even then I swear 1440p is plenty for a 17" screen. They should really push 144hz and OLED before trying to push 4K.

I really like nvidia DSR I can get 4k on my 1080p its brilliant no need to buy a 4k screen!