Mini itx skylake PC (Frequent BSOD's) please help!

Laguz27

Good day all,

I've recently attempted building a mini PC and encountered several problems, and was wondering if anyone is able to help in any way.

To start, here's the components:

Case: Corsair Graphite 380T Mini ITX
CPU: intel 6700k
CPU cooler: Noctua NH-L9i
Motherboard: EVGA stinger Z170 (RMA'd twice)
RAM: Corsair LPX 16gb (8x2) 2400mhz DDR4 and Corsair value select (8gb x2) 2133mhz DDR4
Power Supply: Corsair RM 750 and Corsair AX750
GPU: Nvidia 980ti
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 240gb

Basically i've been trying for over 2 months to get the pc working, replacing parts all over the place. EVGA support have just told me to RMA the board (twice) whenever I tell them what the errors are.

I've been experiencing seemingly random BSOD's while using the EVGA stinger motherboard with windows 10, ranging from memory_management to irql errors and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR loops. Sometimes after a fresh windows install the pc will run perfectly for a few hours, letting me play MGS V on max settings without trouble and then sometimes it will crash within minutes of opening chrome for example. These BSOD's seem completely random and it's driving me insane, I have tried MULTIPLE fresh installs of windows 10 (windows 7 installation on the stinger just wasn't happening, usb drivers missing/corrupt etc.) BIOS was updated (both 1.04 and 1.05).
Temperatures are fine, 30 degrees to 60 degrees under high stress.
You can see that I've tried two different power supplies, two sets of RAM, the motherboard has been RMA'd twice.
I feel like the processor could be at fault at this point but I'm not sure.
ANY suggestions will be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Becky

sanj

I would suspect the ram, just try with a single stick to begin with and see how you get on,DDR4 memory causes all sort's of problems and it's just going to be hit and miss with regard's to getting a brand your board will be happy with.