Help me build my first gaming PC?

jason1297

Next year, I'm going to build a gaming PC. My budget will be around £500 (that's just for the main box, NOT including speakers, keyboard, mouse and OS). I'm not really a heavy gamer, but I would like to be able to play games such as GTA V at full speed if I want to.
I would preferably like all of my parts to come from the UK, and I know that I want wifi on the pc.

Please can you recommend the best build for this price range? Please explain why the parts are good (I'm a complete noob). The PC would only be used for gaming and general internet browsing; no video editing or the like.

Spuff

Expert
You won't build a PC system that will run GTAV at 'full speed' (i.e. max setttings) with £500.
For gaming you would be better off with a console if you only have £500 to spend.
You may see benchmarks for GTAV that look good, but they will not have every visual quality affecting setting at maximum. You can have some settings at less than maximum with little or no noticeable effect though.

Last edited:

jason1297

You won't build a PC system that will run GTAV at 'full speed' (i.e. max setttings) with £500.
For gaming you would be better off with a console if you only have £500 to spend.
You may see benchmarks for GTAV that look good, but they will not have every visual quality affecting setting at maximum. You can have some settings at less than maximum with little or no noticeable effect though.

I'm not really a big gamer, so I don't care about frames per second and max settings. And I don't care about an occasional lag, providing the game runs smoothly mostly.

luke m8

I'm not really a big gamer, so I don't care about frames per second and max settings. And I don't care about an occasional lag, providing the game runs smoothly mostly.

this should do you nicely, i chose a smaller 120gb SSD for you to run your OS and games off for quick loading times, but at some point you would also need an HDD for storage as 120gb can fill up quickly (if you dont have and HDD already, I recommend a Western Digital ‘Blue’ 1TB)

£513.00 inc VAT and Delivery:

Case
COOLERMASTER ELITE 311 BLUE CASE

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-6500 (3.2GHz) 6MB Cache

Motherboard
ASUS® H110M-D D3: Micro-ATX, LG1151, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs

Memory (RAM)
8GB HyperX FURY DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (1 x 8GB)

Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 750 Ti - VGA, DVI, mHDMI - 3D Vision Ready

1st Hard Disk
120GB KINGSTON V300 SSD, SATA 6 Gb (450MB/R, 450MB/W)

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Power Supply
CORSAIR 350W VS SERIES™ VS-350 POWER SUPPLY

Processor Cooling
Super Quiet Titan DragonFly Heatpipe Intel CPU Cooler (£19)

Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)

Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Wireless/Wired Networking
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD (£8)

USB Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)

Operating System
NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED

Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE

Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)