Optimus VII USB 3.0

zero4bx

The Optimus VII that I ordered arrived a few days ago, installed Windows 7 and so far the majority of it is good so far except for the driver for the USB 3.0 saying that "Windows could not find drive software for you device." as well as the Webcam also missing.

Can anyone give me the links for the drivers or advice for the right direction?
I'll also post the specs if needed as well.

Thanks.

Stephen M

Author Level
I assume it was your own version of Windows 7 as it is not offered as an option with the Optimus VII. You may find some info searching with the chassis number, Clevo N150RD is the 15" and Clevo N170RD the 17". There are issues with W7 and the Skylake CPU and the Clevo site does not have any drivers other than for W10.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The Optimus VII that I ordered arrived a few days ago, installed Windows 7 and so far the majority of it is good so far except for the driver for the USB 3.0 saying that "Windows could not find drive software for you device." as well as the Webcam also missing.

Can anyone give me the links for the drivers or advice for the right direction?
I'll also post the specs if needed as well.

Thanks.

The webcam won't show up until it's enabled in Hotkey. Do you have hotkey installed? The system won't run properly without it and I don't believe there's one for win 7.

Hi zero4bx,
How does your Optimus VII work with Windows 7? Have you noticed any other problems apart of Camera or USB?
Hope this laptop isn't "locked" to win 8/10 due to skylake?
I believe asrock got solution to install win7 on 100 series but I wonder if this can my applied on Optimus VII?

Thanks

Hi Guys,

After giving up idea of Win 7 with Optimus VII I have accidentally (kind of) found this:

[Link removed]

which I believe is exactly same Clevo chassis/mobo, and they do provide Win7 drivers:

http://www.sagernotebook.com/drivers.php?cat=622

Still waiting for my Optimus VII so none of drivers were tested - use at your own risk.

I guess these drivers should be usable with OPTIMUS VII, can someone confirm? thanks

p.s I hope I don't break any rules by including link to other Clevo builder? [Afraid it does, I have left the link to the drivers page though cos it may be useful - Rakk]

Last edited by a moderator: