Star Wars: The Force Awakens (No Spoilers)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Let's just state this right now.

NO SPOILERS IN HERE

Just wondering two things.

When are you going to see it?

and

How on this green Earth are you going to avoid finding out anything about the plot etc for the time between now and then?

I am going next Tuesday for reasons I am still a little hazy on (all to do with other people, or I'd be there on Thursday :) )

I am really going to have to avoid even randomly browsing certain sites for the next week, and hope to hell that mainstream media aren't stupid enough to report aspects of the film in headlines!

It's going to be a rough ride and might actually increase my productivity at work over the next week as I mess about less in order to avoid the above (what is 0 multiplied by 150% anyway? :) )

Favourite bit of this morning is seeing all the Facebook posts of people threatening their FB friends with physical violence or death if they post anything that spoils the film for them. I laughed. I sighed. I then I realised they are absolutely right! I foresee many unexplained disappearances in the coming days :D

DED

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I'm going Thursday :D Super excited and also super confused with absolutely everything having Star Wars branding on it. They're even selling Star Wars branded oranges, they're just oranges with a different label!

Spuff

Expert
There are one minute past midnight showings in my local Vue cinema Thursday morning, and then they will be showing a further 36 showings through the day restarting at 8 in the morning.
Hopefully there will be some decent unbooked seats if I get there early enough with my free voucher.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
There are one minute past midnight showings in my local Vue cinema Thursday morning, and then they will be showing a further 36 showings through the day restarting at 8 in the morning.
Hopefully there will be some decent unbooked seats if I get there early enough with my free voucher.

You'll be lucky if you do, I think this will be one of the most popular films of all time. The amount of hype around it is far more than any other movie I can think of.

Spuff

Expert
You'll be lucky if you do,

This is the present state of one of the 3D showings (green are unbooked), and I can pay the difference with my voucher, so I think there will be some sort of seat at some point in the day. I can walk home and wait if I get a ticket for later.

3d%20seats_zpsrar0xnui.jpg

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
This is the present state of one of the 3D showings (green are unbooked), and I can pay the difference with my voucher, so I think there will be some sort of seat at some point in the day. I can walk home and wait if I get a ticket for later.

3d%20seats_zpsrar0xnui.jpg

Emptier than my viewing, also fewer seats in mine too. 34 viewings on Thursday at my Vue as well. Thought mine was one of the busier ones.

Spuff

Expert
I thought it was bit too fast paced, and though I always did like 1 to 3 anyway I appreciate them even more now for the ample time they gave you to see all you wanted to see about the designs of each scene.
I was very surprised there was a particular element from previous films reused yet again.
It was good, but not a life changing epiphany.
I am eager to see number 8.

I'm pretty sure I ear spotted the Wilhelm scream.
I didn't spot a single back flip though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_ALkCBL82A

Last edited:

TheGSL

Silver Level Poster
Watch out for James Bond in it as a Stormtrooper ... I saw it last night, not bad, certainly better than the 3 prequels, which
would not be hard. It's 2 thirds a rehash of elements from IV, V & VI.

Last edited:

ItsPhire

Gold Level Poster
Just seen it. It's amazing! Isn't J. J. Abrams the best? He's a director of so many films and tv shows that I love.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Speaking to my mates i seem to be the only one a little let down with it.

Don't get me wrong its an amazing film, i just thought it was a little safe and familiar.

Still its a good film and the comedy injected into it was vary welcome.