New case

dazzy1984

Hi I currently have an Acer aspire x3960. Trouble is I have spilt some water and with me having the side of the case off it has fried my PSU.

I have been in two minds to buy a new PC outright and just start again fresh but then on the other side this PC does everything I need as I do not really game and own a PS4. Now the trouble starts when looking for a new PSU. Prices are pretty ridiculous for the model already installed (PE-5221-08 AF) around £60.

I have decided to just buy a new case with a PSU already included but having trouble finding a case that my Mobo will fit in. My plan is to get this one up and running again with a new case and PSU then look in to upgrading the ram maybe the CPU and putting in a cheap Graphics card that will run basic games and just speed the system up a little.

Appreciate any help given. Thank you,

gunsch

Bronze Level Poster
Seems like you are looking to upgrade almost everything :D if i were you i would sell your current pc (or the seperate parts on their own, you might get a few bucks more out of it) and just straight up order a new one, boom new parts, new warranty and everything should run fine.

Just make sure all other components are still working if you sell them, i've heard rumors that water and electronics don't really like each other...