Battery life seems super short?

Hi guys,

Recently purchased the Cosmos IV 15.6" and am super happy with performance - however the battery life seems really short on it - at 75% I apparently had 3 hours remaining however 10 mins later at 69% I've got 2 hrs 33 min remaining? Am I over-reacting and is this normal or should I be seeing a bit more?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Download HWMonitor by CPUID and install, one of the parameters for the battery is wear level which gives you a total amount it should charge to and the amount it is now able to charge to. If the wear level is anything over about 5% I'd send it back and get a replacement.

PCS will probably ship out a replacement via courier who will collect the defunct one so there wouldn't be any time without the laptop.

Battery wear is currently at 3%. battery wear.PNG How does that seem to you?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Battery wear is currently at 3%. View attachment 7802 How does that seem to you?

That's pretty damn good. A perfect brand new battery ie off the factory floor would be 0%, so 3% is very good.

You can adjust the power settings in windows to give better longevity. If you're only using it for general usage then you could throttle the CPU by a little as well as dimming the screen etc, would increase battery levels.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Measuring the actual state of charge of any rechargeable battery is an extremely complex business, so you shouldn't treat what Windows reports as the gospel truth. At best, the figures Windows reports are intelligent estimates rather than actual measurements, this is probably why you're seeing such variability in the 'time remaining' numbers (and calculating time remaining is based on lots of assumptions about future use as well). Even HWMonitor is only reporting charge capacities as best as it's able, so although the numbers it presents look very authoritative even they are not completely reliable. The only reliable test of battery capacity is to leave it running on battery until it shuts down and see how long that takes.