Defiance II issues on arrival :s

Hiya,

So it arrived, and Im confused about a few things. PCS does a day of testing and a day of QC right? But I had a dead pixel my 3k IPS panel bleeds light from the bottom on dark screens :s - is this normal?

Also the fan when I first started using it made a sort of grindy noise the whole time it was in use, even under not heavy load. Very quiet, and 'grindy' isnt probably right, but it was as if the fan was touching something.

It's also pretty loud when a game is running - the fan I mean, non stop. I know this is to be expected, but Ive read multiple reports of people having far better results with modded BIOS. Thing is, I dont want to void my warranty - is there a way of making the fans a little better when funning under load? Whats the outer limits of a GTX 980m in terms of degrees C? With the fan running full the whole time it stays around 70. I wouldn't mind losing a few db if it will safely perform at 80C - but then I know this isnt an AMD card XD

My benchmark for these things is (hate to say this on a PC forum) a MacBook pro, and say what you will but it's pretty rare to have dead pixels with those, and CERTAINLY not light bleed. And the fans run pretty loudly on a MAcBook Pro under load too, with the M370x in - and MacBook pros are WAY less efficient at handing heat - so not sure why the Defiance II cant be just a touch quieter XD

And finally a little confused - 2 mini display ports? Can I swap them for a thunderbolt port?

Other than that - good experience. No bloatware, and ran Final Fantasy 14 at max settings at 2K-ish res with no fps issues at all - very impressive.