temp when folding

PringlesInside

Enthusiast
Hi, thought i might keep thread out of tech desktop problems, as its no realy biggy.

so well latley ive been trying out "folding@home"

now, im running SMP client

and PC Probe (from ASUS) says my CPU temp is @ 56 [C] (motherboad being @ 22 [C] )

however at the same time, CPUID Hadware Monitor says that every CPU core (6 in total) are at the value of 48 [C].

Also COre Temp shows the same, but says 47 [C]

So which one is telling the closest to the true value????????

cheers
(please move thread if wrong place tehehe) :yawn::yawn::yawn:

pengipete

Rising Star
That's unusual - I'd expect PC Probe to show temps around 10C lower than CoreTemp.

One question - are those apps showing separate temps for each core? If so, can you give the figures for each core as it's possible that PC Probe is just reporting the highest or aggregate temperature which may be accurate for one core.

Do you have all three of those apps installed and running at the same time? If so, remove everything except PC Probe then run CCleaner to remove any trace of them and see if that helps. Running mutiple monitoring apps can cause problems - in fact, Asus include a setting in BIOS on some motherboards to restrict monitoring to either PC or third-party apps for that reason.

On other thing - more of an observation than a solution but on this forum alone I've seen at least half a dozen threads where oddball values are being reported and all of them include the words "CPUID Hardware Monitor" - I wouldn't use it. In my experience, CoreTemp is the most reliable monitor for temperatures.

PS - moved the thread to Technical Support - hopefully get more readers and more advice.

Last edited: