Defiance II battery issues

Just received my new Defiance II laptop today and I'm loving it so far, however I'm having some trouble with the battery. The laptop will only turn on when it is plugged in, and if it is unplugged while it is switched on it will turn off immediately. There is a battery icon in the bottom corner of the task bar with a cross in it, however it also says the battery is fully charged (see attached picture). Anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance. Untitled.png

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
That sounds like a dead battery to me. I would give PCS a call ASAP (don't email them, they don't always respond to emails quickly).

That sounds like a dead battery to me. I would give PCS a call ASAP (don't email them, they don't always respond to emails quickly).

Thanks for your advice! I rang them this morning and a replacement battery will be sent tomorrow, so hopefully all should be well!

Do please post back and let us know whether it was a dead battery. :)

So after exchanging the batteries all seems to working well after a few days. The laptop will boot from battery power and remain on until the battery is drained. Thank you again for your help! :)