Cosmos 17.3

Salt

I recently bought a second hand Cosmos 17.3

I didn't buy this machine new so even though i made an account it won't let me browse spares for my model laptop ? apparently i need an order agaisnt my account :s
I dont want warrenty or anything i just want to check the prices should i ever need to replace anything

Thanks Salt

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I recently bought a second hand Cosmos 17.3

I didn't buy this machine new so even though i made an account it won't let me browse spares for my model laptop ? apparently i need an order agaisnt my account :s
I dont want warrenty or anything i just want to check the prices should i ever need to replace anything

Thanks Salt

Forum members don't work for PCS and PCS don't generally monitor the forums.

You'll need to give them a call next week to discuss and get an account created.

Salt

I've already tried speaking with the owner they have no idea apparently it was a gift from there grandparents its abit too far down the line now i think
i was hoping for a shadow order just so i can download drivers and check spare prices, i've since got drivers from CLEVO but wanted to cross ref them

I'm not sure if this is a problem or common issue, but the screen will higher brightness by 1 point after i start using the laptop it does it everytime i start working about 45 seconds in
I've looked thru the power saving settings etc still seems to be doing it, it's hardly noticeable as it happens so quick

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
TBH the Clevo drivers are likely to be more up to date than the PCS ones, PCS just tend to have the drivers that were installed at build time.

Regarding the brightness issue check your Hoteky app, it's an icon in the system tray that looks like a laptop. There are several controls in there, including brightness.

Salt

Yeah I agree, it's only really the chipset/bios/audio i wanted to check, the nvidia/Intel drives etc i've downloaded direct

I've had a mess around still can't finger it out, it's only very minor guess i'll live with it
i checked the intel/nvidia settings, altered the power save and balanced settings nothing really seems to do anything

I've had a reply from support there going to provide download links for the drivers, Hopefully i'll be able to get some options on spare parts