SSD not showing up when installing Windows

Qbert

Hello everyone

I recently acquired the Optimus VII. As I tried to install Windows 7 I came across a rather big problem. To cut through the chase: The SSD neither shows up in the formatting menu nor in diskpart. To add to this, I can’t install anything on the HDD (“Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition”).

SSD and HDD are both showing up in BIOS.

Things I tried:
I used GParted to check on the partitions – everything seems to be fine: SSD and HDD are showing up and appear to be healthy.

I followed the tips in this thread:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...d/80a83aed-56dc-438c-a65e-a0ea815ce551?page=1
to no avail. As mentioned, the SSD does not show up in diskpart and for whatever reason this method doesn’t work on the HDD either.

Next, I tried to install Ubuntu – stuck at the loading screen.

Not sure what to do next. I am grateful for any advice.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
What ssd is it? Windows 7 isn't fully supported on skylake chipsets, so it's not a straightforward installation, takes a bit of hacking.

Qbert

SSD: 256gb Samsung SM951 M.2
HDD: 1tb WD Black 2.5 WD10JPLX

My bad, should have included it.
Also, I have tried all steps above via CD's and DVD's.

Lez501

Gold Level Poster
Are you trying to install from the DVD drive, if so, it won't work. You would need to install from a USB drive, with with uefi enabled. A Google search will show you how.

Lez501

Gold Level Poster
Oh, and once you get windows installed, don't forget to download the nvme driver from samsung, or you won't get the full speed from it.

Qbert

NVME drives aren't recognised natively by Windows 7, you'll need to f6 and add custom drivers for it to recognise the drive:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...an-nvme-ssd-from-a-usb-3-0-thumbdrive.783921/

I followed the guide you provided - everything worked well until the part of the actual installation (last step, 'Install Windows (finally!)'). I should be able to do a clean install of W7 - but I only get the error message 0x80300001 for every drive.

Thanks for the link you provided, I will look further into it tomorrow.

Qbert

It finally works!

According to the guide you should remove the USB drive during the installation – I simply let it plugged in, loaded the drivers, deleted and formatted the hard drives via windows tool -> the installation went about without any problems.

Thanks for your help.
Cheers!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It finally works!

According to the guide you should remove the USB drive during the installation – I simply let it plugged in, loaded the drivers, deleted and formatted the hard drives via windows tool -> the installation went about without any problems.

Thanks for your help.
Cheers!

Excellent!