Optimus diagonal screen tearing issue.

Lum

Bronze Level Poster
This seems to be happening to a lot of nV Optimus machines, including my Optimus 7 running Windows 10, but as I don't have any direct relationship with nVidia, Microsoft or Clevo, I'm asking here.

Fairly sure I know why it's happening, it's because the GTX960M isn't directly wired up to the screen, but instead is blitted over to a square surface on the Intel 530 GPU. That square is implemented as two triangles, and due to crappy OS or drivers one is getting updated slightly before the other.

It's most noticeable in the opening videos for the new Doom but is also noticeable when trying to play the damn game.

Any news of a fix for this? I already have the latest drivers from nV and Intel, and have tried both the OpenGL and Vulkan variants of the game with no difference.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This seems to be happening to a lot of nV Optimus machines, including my Optimus 7 running Windows 10, but as I don't have any direct relationship with nVidia, Microsoft or Clevo, I'm asking here.

Fairly sure I know why it's happening, it's because the GTX960M isn't directly wired up to the screen, but instead is blitted over to a square surface on the Intel 530 GPU. That square is implemented as two triangles, and due to crappy OS or drivers one is getting updated slightly before the other.

It's most noticeable in the opening videos for the new Doom but is also noticeable when trying to play the damn game.

Any news of a fix for this? I already have the latest drivers from nV and Intel, and have tried both the OpenGL and Vulkan variants of the game with no difference.

Are you using vsync in the game settings?