Over clocking GPU with no power connector

I am planning to buy the RX 460 when it comes out and since it doesnt have any external power connecters how do I know when it is drawing the Max of 75W when I overclock it?

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Makes it very tricky, once the cards launch you will be able to see how much headroom you have when the reviews go online.

from what i am seeing it looks like a single slot card and probably no exactly aimed at overclockers, if you want more oomph it might be an idea to buy something more suited to overclcoking.

I know its not a high end card or designed for overclocking but I have a habit of over clocking everything in my PC often regardless of minimal increase in performance. This was more something I was wondering about, even if there was no option for over clocking I would still be getting this card.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I don't know how exact it is, but some reporting software like HWinfo will show the wattage the card thinks it's drawing.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
I don't know how exact it is, but some reporting software like HWinfo will show the wattage the card thinks it's drawing.

true, but is it worth burning out the PCIe slot because you cant be sure? i would say no and advise not to do it if its just a case of overclocking out of habit.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
?

The implicit suggestion was to look into how accurate it is before trying to draw too much power.