Acer or Hp or iMac

Beverly Whiteaker

My husband suggested to upgrade all-in-one pc. We've recently seen Acer & HP i3-6th gen at the mall. Prices are quite affordable and specs are pretty good. I like the touchscreen feature of the pc but I think they're not too responsive if we're to compare with iPad, haha. Then we also saw the iMac 21.5" 4k, it really looks awesome including the price, lol. Anyway, may I please get your opinion on what to choose? Our main purpose of getting the all-in-one is that we can use it for business, we want a bigger screen so we can enjoy watching online movies, much safer than a laptop which easily falls because of the kids, the kids prefer it as well. So with these 3, what would you prefer or suggest? Thanks.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
You should be aware that PCS sell custom-built high-end gaming PCs, laptops and AIOs. I'm afraid it is against forum rules for us to comment on competitor's builds so you will not get much advice on your three selections on here. However, if you would like someone on here to spec you up a PCS PC, laptop or AIO do let us know your budget and intended use and one of the really knowledgeable people on here will be glad to help.

mdwh

Enthusiast
My touchscreen PC is as responsive as anything else out there (Apple don't even make their screens, it's competitor technology that other companies can use); different products (PC or mobile) may vary though.

But yes, what ubuysa says. Any reason not to also consider a desktop? All-in-ones have the downside of being very expensive to upgrade/replace (you can't keep a perfectly good monitor when you upgrade, but have to replace it all), and tend to have less powerful laptop components but without the portability. There should be no trouble getting a monitor that's as large as an All-in-one - 21.5" or in fact much larger, as well as 4K options.

PCUser1990

Bronze Level Poster
With a desktop you don't even need to purchase a monitor. You could even hook it up straight to your TV. If you have a budget it's more than likely forum members can make you a better spec than either of the options you have looked at for the same price :). If we can't convince you, you can always check out Tom's Hardware and ask there...

Beverly Whiteaker

Hi, guys. We're not able to buy any of the 3 I asked above :( We saw a good deal a few weeks ago and decided to go for it. We got another laptop - i5 6th gen, 4gb ram w/ 1 TB storage and the price is just $380.

bestellen

Similar question, which operating system is better: Windows vs Os. When buying a new computer your main comparison will be between these two options, which we will break down for you

Last edited:

helios

I will not recommend or suggest any on the three brands that you mentioned. All I can say is that, it will depend on how and where you will use your computer.