A Few Questions about building a PC

brandl

Hey,

Please may you give me some advice =)

I've been wanting to learn more about computers so I want to build one. I don't currently have a desktop just a little chromebook. I have put together what I think would be good build below. This all comes to £610. Which is about my budget.

I would like a PC that I can use for work (remoting in to desktops etc, running multiple programs) and for gaming (but it doesn't have to be amazing).

Maybe this build is too good for what I am looking for? Maybe I could have a cheaper CPU and GPU? I was looking at the i3-6100 and a different GPU (not sure which one), would there be a big noticeable difference?

If I want to use two screens is there anything I need to consider in the build? What would be good monitors to use for dual screen, does it matter?

Here's my build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor

GPU: PowerColor RED DRAGON Radeon RX 470, 4GB

Motherboard: MSI B150M Pro-VD LGA 1151 Intel B150 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4

SSD: Kingston Technology 240 GB Solid State Drive 2.5 inch V300 SATA 3

HDD: WD Blue 1TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch b

Power: Corsair CX Series CX450M 450W ATX 12V 80 Plus Bronze Certified Modular Power Supply

Case: Fractal Design Core 1500 Case for Computer - Black

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Lucas

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
As PCS sell custom desktops and laptops we can't advise on self builds or competitor builds. You may want to check out toms hardware instead which is an open forum.

Frank100

Rising Star
Hi,

If you want to learn the skill of building, taking apart and repairing PCs then you might consider registering for Freecycle and try to pick up some old machines local to you that cost you nothing and where you can make mistakes. If you want to learn to build a PC, making your PC your first go at it means taking a risk or two with fairly expensive components.

PCS can build you a machine for your budget that will meets your needs. The main if being how much graphics performance you are after for that price.

Frank100