What is positive and negative pressure for fans?

moheli

Silver Level Poster
I'm planning to buy a mini-ITX PC sometime next week from PCS, you can check my thread on it here. I would appreciate any contribution to it.

I'll be going for a H100i V2 CPU cooler, two onboard GPU fans and three 120mm Apache fans (two at the front and another at the rear). So I'm looking at a lot of reviews and PC builds in the meantime and often comes across the term "pressure ventilation". Is this something I should be worrying about? Is this something I'm supposed to specify to PCS? I of course want the best exhaust and ventilation efficiency but how do I know which is best for my case configuration? What's the difference between them?

moheli

Silver Level Poster
Great video, thanks! The case I'll be sending in for my purchase is the "Corsair Graphite 380T" which has filtrated mesh panels at the front and both sides, meaning greater ventilation and breathability.

So I guess neutral pressure would be best for such a case, right? The two Apache fans at the front will draw in cool air, the rear fan will exhaust heat through the back and the rest will just leave through the side panels from the CPU and GPU coolers. That's roughly the same amount of exhaust as intake so... neutral pressure. And I guess for such a system, an open-air cooler would be preferable to the cooling style of the reference cards. Sound about right?