Ultranote IV review!

jostho754

Hi guys, just a quick review on the Ultranote IV i got a about a week ago.
Specs:
Intel Core i5 7200U
8Gb of RAM
Intel 620 graphics
120Gb HyperX Fury SSD
1080p 15.6" display
2nd hard drive bay rather than CD/DVD drive

The main reason for buying this laptop was to have something to consume all my media on whilst on the go, whether that was on the train, bus, or just round a friends house. I wasn't happy with my old laptop for many reasons, but mostly the ridiculously bad 1366x768 resolution, washed out colours, and poor viewing angles, I often avoided using it as much as possible for watching video, and only really used to write essays on (as I am a student). The 4Gb of RAM wasn't very helpful either.

This laptop has a great display, at 1080p it's perfect for all videos I watch such as Youtube and Netflix, and also can do some light gaming like League of Legends, Civ 5, and a few other un-intensive games. The chassis is plain and matte black all over which I love. Here are some photos of the laptop View attachment 9748

The 8Gb of RAM is plenty enough for the Chrome browsing I do, and the Intel HD 620 are by no means a powerhouse of a GPU, however it does what I need. I also used the website feature to change the DVD drive to a hard drive caddy, it took me a while to get it out but after installing an old 2.5 inch WD Slim 1Tb drive it worked perfectly. The backlit keyboard helps a lot whilst typing in the dark as well.The only problem I do have is that the power button is quite mushy and require quite a bit of pressure to actually turn the laptop on, I would prefer it to be more "clicky".

In all, I did buy an over compensated Netflix/Youtube/Word machine, however I love it and am very happy with it! :)