1 Year old Cosmos II not working!

mdibbins10

Hi, I received a Cosmos II laptop as a christmas gift. It has recently stopped working and will not turn on. The battery and power adapter lights switch on when i try to turn it on but behold, nothing happens. I've tried using different power adapters with the same output and still no luck. I also had a problem that i saw someone else comment on that being 3 loose screws rattling inside the laptop around the motherboard. I don't know whether it could have damaged the motherboard. Is it just a faulty battery or do i need to send it back to PCS?

Any help would be grateful

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
First off try booting it with the battery out and the charger connected (assuming the battery comes out on a Cosmos?). It's also worth doing a 'soft reset' (again assuming the battery can be removed). To do that do the following:

1. Remove the battery and the charger.

2. Press and hold the ON button for about 60 seconds.

3. Leave the battery out and connect the charger and see whether it boots.

4. If it does boot, shutdown normally, remove the charger and reinsert the battery. Now see whether it still boots.

If you can't get the battery out give PCS a call.

mdibbins10

Unfortunately that hasn't worked. I had tried it once before to clear any power from the components but it didnt work then. Even by trying it once again has no change. Would that suggest the adapter is faulty or could it still be the motherboard?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Unfortunately that hasn't worked. I had tried it once before to clear any power from the components but it didnt work then. Even by trying it once again has no change. Would that suggest the adapter is faulty or could it still be the motherboard?

It's hard to say, I think your best (indeed only) option now is to call PCS. It may need an RMA though......

BTW. When you had it open did you find any lose screws? If you did PCS need to know that too.

mdibbins10

It's hard to say, I think your best (indeed only) option now is to call PCS. It may need an RMA though......

BTW. When you had it open did you find any lose screws? If you did PCS need to know that too.

Yes i found 3 loose screws inside, i just took them out and kept them on the side as they didnt seem to fit anywhere on the cover.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Yes i found 3 loose screws inside, i just took them out and kept them on the side as they didnt seem to fit anywhere on the cover.

Then you need to make certain that PCS know that there seems to be an issue with screws coming loose on Cosmos builds. You are not the first and it's now staring to look like a systemic problem.

Do let us know how you get on. :)