Windows 10 update caused HDMI to stop working (Defiance III)

rav007

Enthusiast
Anyone else having this problem? I went out and everything was working. I got back, the laptop had restarted after windows update and now the HDMI port just doesn't work. I tried 2 cables, 2 different monitors and a TV in all possible combinations.

Reinstalled the Geforce drivers.

Tried to detect a new display and none are found.

This has to be the most irritating piece of lets end it there shall we?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
If you back out the Windows update does HDMI work ok?

Also, did the laptop come with Windows 10 installed or did you upgrade from an earlier version of Windows?

rav007

Enthusiast
Came with win10, and I could only reverse the security update not the actual update, so I can't get back to my previous state. Fortunately Amazon Prime had a miniDP to HDMI converter that I was able to get delivered today, if ordered before 10pm last night. Im hoping that the update caused a HDMI conflict rather than my actual HDMI port being knackered. Because I plan on doing a surround setup with 3 monitors in future and I will probably need the HDMI port.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Came with win10, and I could only reverse the security update not the actual update, so I can't get back to my previous state. Fortunately Amazon Prime had a miniDP to HDMI converter that I was able to get delivered today, if ordered before 10pm last night. Im hoping that the update caused a HDMI conflict rather than my actual HDMI port being knackered. Because I plan on doing a surround setup with 3 monitors in future and I will probably need the HDMI port.

Do you not have System Restore turned on?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This updated caused network issues for both my laptop and PC, seems MS may have borked it a little...

How are you getting on with your HDMI?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
And if that's the case, hopefully there will be another update sooner rather than later to fix any issues, at which point the OPs HDMI port may start working properly again.

The Creator's Upgrade is due as early as next month I think?

rav007

Enthusiast
My laptop received an update today. HDMI port is now working correctly again. Shame I had to buy an mDP to HDMI converter cable... but nevertheless, display related issues have now been resolved.

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
I am running Creators Update, as I mentioned in an earlier post and so far I am happy to say I've seen zero issues with it.