liquid series system

keynes

Multiverse Poster
The number of cases available decreases depending on the liquid cooling kit you choose. For the high kit here are 6 and with the extreme kit only 2. Also most cases are cheaper or priced close to what a retailer like scan or amazon will sell it for apart from the thermaltake x5 which is £199 in the configurator and £120 online. Even if it is a modded version of the case it seems quite a big difference in price.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Got a reply from PCS by email. Some cases are sent using a pallet as the systems are delicate and heavy and this is the reasoning for the higher price. They also mention that they do often custom mods to cases to allow the water cooling systems to run cleanly and effectively. While I appreciate some cases need to be modded the configurator does not provide information on it and I wouldn't mind paying more as long as it is justified and clear why the price is different.
For example:
the corsair 900D is £378 on the configurator but on average £340 if bought from a third party reseller. (Difference of £38)
The thermaltake X5 is £199 on the configurator but on average £120 if bought separately elsewhere. (Difference of £79).
The Corsair 570x is £182 on the configurator but on average around £3 cheaper elsewhere including delivery.
The first one needs to be shipped using a pallet and the extra price can be justified, the second one does not require a pallet but there is almost £80 extra?
I wouldn't mind paying the difference if there is an explanation for the price difference. If the explanation is the additional cost of transporting all liquid cooling systems there is no consistency on the prices of the other cases unless there are differences in packing different kits of liquid cooling system.

Last edited: