overclocking software

erhboy

Hi all does anyone know if there`s any good software that can overclock CPU`s .i know Intel have the Extreme Tuning Utility XTU just wondered if there were others?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
The motherboard should offer one. You can also request an overclock profile from PCS.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
You'd generally do it in the BIOS. This might be good reading to start on: http://edgeup.asus.com/2017/01/31/kaby-lake-overclocking-guide/

Automatic overclocking tools often seem to overestimate the voltage needed, so manual OCing still seems preferred. If you do use an auto-OCing feature such as the ones that come with the mobo I'd still strongly recommend you look into manually adjusting the voltage afterwards.

When overclocking or making adjustments, go in modest increments, not huge changes all in one go :)

Make sure you've read the sticky in this forum so you're happy with any warranty implications.

erhboy

not sure if i`d feel confident changing the settings i think that's the reason my last one died on me ?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
In that case it would be best not to overclock at all.

Not until you've read up more, watched video guide, etc and feel more confident, anyway.