Battery issues

brad

Says "plugged in and charging" or "plugged in and not charging", can't tell when each happens. Battery percentage is unknown. And sometimes it stops charging randomly. What should i do??

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Try this...

1. Put the laptop on charge for 24 hours, do not use it at all during this time

2. Unplug the charger and power on the laptop. Ensure the battery settings in Power Options are set to notify when low battery happens, low battery should be 10%, and shutdown when critical battery happens, critical battery should be 5%. Turn off sleep and make sure nothing is allowed to shut the laptop down. Leave it switched on and running until it shuts down because the critical battery level is reached. You can use it normally during this time, just don't sleep it or shut it down.

3. Plug the charger back in for 24 hours, do not use it at all during this time.

This 'recycles' the Windows battery indicator and that might be all your problem is.

brad

i have so much work I literally can't do that, but ill try it in like a month... is there anything i can do in the meantime?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
i have so much work I literally can't do that, but ill try it in like a month... is there anything i can do in the meantime?

That's the best (and only AFAIK) way to re-sync the battery state with Windows.

Do you work on Sundays as well then?