PhysX eGPU adaptors?

Álvaro

Bronze Level Poster
I was reading a bit due to PhysX, in general, being the major fps hog in the games I have played lately (Warframe, Fallout 4, Borderlands TPS, XCOM 2...) and wondered if, with the recent flow of thunderbolt 2 eGPU cases, would be possible to use an external GPU for PhysX only (which means I could do with a cheaper one, and also not saturate the 40GB/s bandwidth of Thunderbolt unlike having that card as my main render), as usually without PhysX I cap the frames in any game I play currently on my laptop with everything maxed out, simmilar to having a dedicated PhysX card on a desktop. I have a p775DM1 (the Octane LE), as per my signature, which has a single Type 2 Thunderbolt port which is currently empty. Anyone has experience with eGPUs on Clevo machines?. I am running the last PCS bios, the 1.05.09 if I am correct.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I don't think it's really worth buying an external GPU case (which is expensive) and a GPU just to use PhysX. You should be able to just turn it off, which in my opinion is the better option. PhysX looks cool, but is not game changing.

Álvaro

Bronze Level Poster
That had been my approach till now (in particular for Borderlands, that thing is insane how much it wrecks FPS), so I guess I'll stick with it unless eGPU prices plummet (i.e ,probably a lot of time)
Also, your reply telling me that PhysX is not worth it with your profile pic made my day so much.