Useful websites

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
The most useful website in the world >.< Zamzar Its a free tool, that converts your files from one format to another...

>.< was searching for it for ages... had to convert a pdf into a doc. file >.<

real time saver

The only flaw though is its used by alot of people, so downloading your converted file takes years and a few grey hairs.

------------------

Rock Paper Shotgun the best pc gaming news website... they've been at it since 1873

Last edited:

overthehill

Impartial reviews & information about electrical items

Not able to post links yet , but digitalversus .com , is the site

Blackdog

Bright Spark
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/pictures-story/283-free-google-chrome-extension-add-in-app.html

Some awesome little extensions for Chrome enthusiasts. Adblock is mandatory but also "Awesome New Tab" is a great tiled interface that replaces your old most visited websites and includes direct shortcuts to steam games etc. Mine looks like this

AMNT.png

Nemesis

Thanks for all the contributions. All have been added and I have hopefully improved the formatting by finishing it off using Word. More to follow!

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Userbenchmark is a fun website (I've used it and enjoyed it), but not a very useful one at all. Doesn't the results for a given CPU/GPU include overclocked results too?

I'd stick to Cinebench for CPU performance and Futuremark for GPU, where at least you can work out whether the results you're comparing it to are overclocked and they have a reference scores page, or something like Unigine Valley.

JSanderson99

Bronze Level Poster
another website I find useful is called https://ninite.com/
this site allows you to choose multiple programs such as browsers, anti viruses and other programs in one big download at once without any adware built into it.

Rakk

The Awesome
i posted my website earlier that I found useful, why was my comment removed?

It wasn't removed, it was in the moderation queue (the auto-moderation thing got it) and it was waiting to be approved.

Though do note, I certainly wouldn't use a tool like that, its generally a lot safer to download and update stuff from the place that makes said software/updates.