New Ultranote VI Review

sayibr

PROS
Nice sleek plastic chassis. It's a light device but with enough weight to feel sturdy. There are no logos, which I prefer. The screen is clear, the colours are vibrant but there's no glare.

There's not a great deal going on with the chiclet keyboard. It has a simple layout with a handful of function keys, which again I prefer :) The touch pad is smooth and works well.

The service from PCS was great, I received regular communications from PCS straight from the order to the build to the delivery.

CONS
Prior to purchasing this laptop, I read a couple of other reviews which stated that you can hear the fan when running resource intensive applications. I've experienced this a couple of times, when only using the internet. However there are previous posts which state that this can be remedied by downloading the latest Intel Wi Fi drivers, so fingers crossed.

The other down side is that if you tap the edge of the space bar when typing quickly, it doesn't respond, you have to tap it right in the centre.

Overall I'm happy with my purchase. The positives outweigh the negatives.

If the problem with the fan persists, then I'll contact PCS who I don't doubt will endeavour to resolve the issue :)

robjon101

The space bar is a known fault mine did, they sent me a replacement and it now works just fine even at the edges. Dead easy to swap over as well. Seems most leave pcs with a dodgy keyboard.

Three screws underneath, push through the top two now empty screw holes and the top of the keyboard pops off. Pull it off from the top and sides and it lifts away from the bottom.