Monitor problems (On battery only)

Andreylien

Hello,
My laptop is Asus X555L, driven by W10 and it is only 1 and a half of years old. Recently I have noticed that the LCD stars blinking when it is about 50% of battery left (sometimes a bit more, sometimes less). It turns off my screen for an instant and then turns on again. The frequency is really variable. Sometimes the periods are longer (a couple of seconds), but sometimes it goes really bad. Normally, it gets worse if i move the cursor or watching sth. However, if nth is moving or changing on the screen, the blinking is not that bad. Once it is connected the issue disappears. Also, when the battery is high there is no blinking. It is really annoying, because the battery is still doing very well (about 4 hours of watching films).
Therefore, the question is what is going on with the laptop? As for me it is pretty like to be a software issue, but still I have not found any way of resolving it. Could someone, please, help me with this problem?
Thanks to everybody for your response,
Andrey

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
That sounds like a faulty battery to me, I would contact the shop or dealer you bought it from and get the battery replaced.

Andreylien

Thank you for the answer in the first place. It would be nice, but the dealer offered only 12 mounths of warranty. Therefore they would not change anything so far. Or am I wrong? Also there is no way of changing the battery myself, because it is integrated in the motherboard :(

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Unfortunately these fora are primarily for the support of PCS built PCs and laptops, we do help with other builds as much as we can though. I would suggest you look for an Asus specific forum, you will probably find people more familiar with your laptop than we are. If it's fine on mains power but not on battery that does sound like a duff battery to me....