Must all Liquid Series Desktops come with a GPU?

dearut

I'm interested in getting a Liquid Series built but I already have a GPU and I don't need a new one. But it seems Liquid Series Desktops have to come with a GPU. I assume this is because a GPU can be part of the water cooling. So would it be possible to send my GPU (Aorus ROG 1080ti) in instead?
Any advice would be appreciated. Also how come this is the first thread in this section? Are liquid cooled pc systems that rare?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
The only components PCS accept people to send it, as far as I know, is the case. So I don't believe you'd be able to send in your own GPU.

If you phone PCS and demand that they sell you a liquid series with only a CPU water-cooling kit and no GPU installed at all, it's possible they might agree...

If it were possible to get a liquid series without a GPU, it would be pretty darn pointless for 99.999% of people. Why get a super expensive custom loop setup just to cool the CPU, but not the GPU? Unless you're using it for a pretty serious overclock and very extensive CPU-based rendering with only occasional GPU usage.

Would it not make more sense to buy a non-liquid series PC with a high-end all-in-one liquid cooler like a Corsair H100i V2 or an H110, without a GPU, and just add in your own GTX 1080 ti? :)

Last edited:
A

Adam321

The best thing to do would be to phone up PCS and ask the Call Center to speak to the Liquid Series team to see if this is possible.

Would you be wanting your GPU to be a part of the loop, or to remain air cooled?

There has been a system in the past where the customer wanted SLI 1080ti's to remain AIR COOLED with a Mid Kit so that future upgrades would be a lot easier.

As for the thread, who knows, no one wants to make posts :/