Different cooler ?

ifeedcat

So this is the setup that I have

Case AeroCool DS Cube Red Edition Window Mini-ITX
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-6600 (3.3GHz) 6MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS® MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT: Mini-ITX, LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs
Memory (RAM) 16GB HyperX FURY DDR4 2666MHz (2 x 8GB Kit)
Graphics Card 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 750 Ti - VGA, DVI, mHDMI - 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card NONE
1st Hard Disk 120GB SAMSUNG 650 SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 450MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk 1TB WD BLACK WD1003FZEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st PCI-E SSD Drive NONE
RAID NONE
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply CORSAIR 650W CS SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable 1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling NOCTUA NH-L9i LOW PROFILE, SUPER QUIET CPU COOLER
Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
LED Lighting NONE
Extra Case Fans NONE
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
Wireless Router/HomePlugs NONE
USB Options MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Firewire NONE
TV Card NONE

I'm not sure if there is any point but I want to replace my cpu fan to something more powerful ;
Any recommendations on that and preferably with the links to the stores ( if dont mind ).

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
There's no point. Save your money towards a better GPU, a weekend away, or whatever else one does with £60-100 :)

ifeedcat

I have no issues with GPU , im android games player via Nox. So my PC is never even pushed to the max CPU or GPU wise.
Its just my temps lately are around 40 during idling as opposed used to be , could be due to central heating in a small room.
Looking at the ai suite that cpu cooler aint the best on the market.

My other concern was RAM usage , I'm sitting now with 12GB used out of 16GB , would that be the case of around 4GB cached for w.e. reason ? Otherwise it seems quite high usage considering I have only got Chrome and Android player open , no AV or scan software.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
40 degrees idle is fine, it's more or less what my CPU has been running at for 5 years. Many CPUs in things like poorly cooled laptops would run hotter. It's not at all a problem or a realistic threat to the CPU's lifespan.

I'll let others with more knowledge comment as to the RAM usage - but 12gb seems a lot even for a AA game and a shedload of browser tabs.

ifeedcat

Oh ok , so I was sort of concerned about it considering when I have bought it temps were around 35 but at that point it was only browsing and youtube because it sits at 40+ and coolers never speed up at all.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I assume you keep the PC well dusted. If not, dust it ofc :) You could think about repasting the CPU if you're comfortable doing that. Repasting is something you'd need to do anyway if you were replacing the cooler. Though a repaste might not make much difference since the Arctic paste lasts a decent while.

But 40 degrees idle is fine. Many people play games on their PCs for many hours a day for years with temps in the 70s and their CPUs still last long enough to be thrown in the bin due to obsolescence rather than due to failure.

ifeedcat

I assume you keep the PC well dusted. If not, dust it ofc :) You could think about repasting the CPU if you're comfortable doing that. Repasting is something you'd need to do anyway if you were replacing the cooler. Though a repaste might not make much difference since the Arctic paste lasts a decent while.

But 40 degrees idle is fine. Many people play games on their PCs for many hours a day for years with temps in the 70s and their CPUs still last long enough to be thrown in the bin due to obsolescence rather than due to failure.

What would be your suggestions in terms of upgrades ? ( with links if possible ).
I have got 4k tv now as 2nd screen , so i potentionally might need some upgrades in the long run for multi tasking.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
You wouldn't need any upgrades for just using a 4k screen as a display. The additional demands on the PC are trivial.

For PC gaming at 4k you'd need a better GPU. But probably not for android games if they're the kind of things you can run on a phone.

ifeedcat

You wouldn't need any upgrades for just using a 4k screen as a display. The additional demands on the PC are trivial.

For PC gaming at 4k you'd need a better GPU. But probably not for android games if they're the kind of things you can run on a phone.

I have 50% cpu usage across all cores , running NOX + youtube or movie on the tv screen.
If I open another virtual instance of Nox player it gets a little bit slow but not massively.

I'm playing SW , it actually lags on my phone and in Nox its a little slow in loading screen.
I know that new IPAD's run it very smoothly.

ClarkF1

Bronze Level Poster
My other concern was RAM usage , I'm sitting now with 12GB used out of 16GB , would that be the case of around 4GB cached for w.e. reason ? Otherwise it seems quite high usage considering I have only got Chrome and Android player open , no AV or scan software.

Have you opened Task Manager (right-click on Task Bar). You can then sort by memory usage to see what's using it up.