Laptop fan making vibrating noise - how to resolve?

Hi

We have a new Optimus Series: 15.6" laptop that we've had for a couple of weeks now. All has been fine until the last couple of days, when the fan has started to make a rather alarming vibrating noise.

I've taken the case lid off to see if there's any fluff, and had a gentle blow with some compressed air, but to no avail.

I've uploaded a video to YouTube which has the audio of the noise. Is there anything I can do, or is this going to be an RMA?

Regards

Rob

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi

We have a new Optimus Series: 15.6" laptop that we've had for a couple of weeks now. All has been fine until the last couple of days, when the fan has started to make a rather alarming vibrating noise.

I've taken the case lid off to see if there's any fluff, and had a gentle blow with some compressed air, but to no avail.

I've uploaded a video to YouTube which has the audio of the noise. Is there anything I can do, or is this going to be an RMA?

Regards

Rob

Hi Rob, blimey, that sounds rather severe... When you took the lid off, did you check to see all cables were not brushing up against the fan? It sounds like the fan is snagging against perhaps a cable. It's possible that a bearing has gone on the fan in which case a replacement would be needed, sometimes PCS can ship these out for you to replace yourself, may be worth trying before a full RMA.