First Water Cooler

DannyG971

Hi, i was wondering if someone could help me, i have recently bought a computer with a water cooler installed. This is my first computer with this. This is the water cooler i believe to be installed in my computer "Cooler Master ,MasterLiquid Lite 120".
When taking a look inside i noticed this water cooler has only came with one fan, i am wondering am i supposed to install an additional fan on the radiator? As when looking at others they have 2 fans installed.

Attachments

• IMG_0655 (1).jpg
    IMG_0655 (1).jpg
    731 KB · Views: 501

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
When taking a look inside i noticed this water cooler has only came with one fan, i am wondering am i supposed to install an additional fan on the radiator?

No.

It's a basic water cooler, perfectly sufficient unless you're overclocking, and is only meant to have 1 fan. The manufacturer's website shows it has only 1 fan: http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-liquid-cooler/masterliquid-lite-120/
There are many others like that, such as the Corsair H55.

You might be thinking of more upmarket models that have either 2 fans sandwiched onto the radiator like the Corsair H80i:
h80i_hero_fan.png

Or that are 240mm radiators (so twice as wide as your 120mm radiator cooler) like the Masterliquid 240, which being twice as wide have room for 2 fans on the same side of the radiator.
http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-liquid-cooler/masterliquid-240/
web_ml_01_02.png

But most 120mm coolers like your MasterLiquid Lite 120 only have the 1 fan, and that's entirely normal :)

DannyG971

Okay thank you. I do won’t to overclock my processor in the future am guessing I would be best getting a better water cooler then when that time comes.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
That depends on a lot of things. I'd suggest you enjoy your system as it stands for now, and think about overclocking and so forth only some way down the line :)

jerpers

Master
Looking at the spec sheet, a fan can be added to either side of the radiator. Although it only comes with one fan, so if you sourced some longer bolts you could put in another fan (through the case, the fan and then into the rad. You would probably also need a Y-splitter for plugging both fans in. This is how I added extra fans to my rad.