32" Vanguard II

KDT76

Really need a new system but space is very limited. I was originally looking at the Lenovo Y910 but the Vanguard II has interested me but I cannot find any reviews on this anywhere. I was planning on using the i5 7600 - RX 580 8gb - corsair 650w ultra quiet and the pcs frostflow series cooler. the questions I have are:

What CPU / GPU temperatures should I expect?
Roughly how much fan noise should I expect?
locations of internal components so as I can work out the ease of an upgrade later.

Thanks for any/all help.

Padster

Hi KDT,

I have had mine since Friday and it is a great piece of kit. I have taken some photos and will be posting a review tomorrow. I too was a fan of Y910 but it’s not readily available.

Mine has i5 7600k and easily overclocks to 4.5 and is cool with the PCS 40 cpu cooler. I too got the 650 power supply, but ordered the nvidia 1060 - 6gb gpu .

Padster

Write up on my Vanguard 32" - maybe a picture

These are the specs that I ordered. I'm too thick to work out how to add photosView attachment 11278 - if this comes out - it is upside down - and I dont know why!

Intel i5 7600k, Asus Prime Z270-P motherboard, Corsair DDR4 ram 2666 MKz (2 x 8GB), Nvidia 6GB GTX 1060, 500GB WD Blue SSD,Corsair 650W power supply, PCS FrostFlow CPU cooler, Wireless 802.11N 300Mbps PCI-E Card.
The screen is enormous with 6 white buttons on bottom left corner. Outer left On/off, Reset, A (have no idea), < Scroll Back , > Scroll Forward, M = Menu.
On the right hand bottom there is a single usb connector.

Have no idea how the menu system works and there are no instructions.
The monitor come with the stand seperated, and with a little bit of common sense it takes a few minutes to work out where the 14 screws go to assemble it. No instructions. The screen does have a small amount of forward and backward tilt from vertical. At a guess I would say 20 deg either way.
The rear of the screen contains all the ‘stuff’.The actual thickness of the screen itself is about ½ inch. The centre protruding part which contains the GPU and part of the motherboard extends about 5 inches from the rear of the screen.

Please note that some of the pictures were taken with the screen lying face down (on a blanket). Sorry - system wouldn't allow further photos. I will again later.

As you look at the screen the power supply is on the left hand rear protrusion. The protrudes about 3 ½ from the rear of screen. A fair amount of dexterity is required to locate the kettle plug and it is nigh on impossible to fit a usb while the screen is upright on the stand. The blue cable is connecting the HDMI port on the motherboard to the screen.

The centre portion contains the PCI-E card. The antennas were not attached but easier enough to screw on - when screen is lying down. There is a black cable from the GPU which disappears into the bodywork. - sorry don’t know what that is (and I have no intention of up turing the screen again to investigate further.)
I have overclocked the cpu from 3.80 to 4.50 and the CPU fan is quite and deals with it well. While I am just typing this write up the temp is sitting at 28 deg C and the fan is ticking over at under 1000 revs.
Now I am running Flight Sim World on ultra settings (but i I have locked fps to 30) the cpu is running at 4.2, temp 45, motherboard temp 34 and fan running at 1250. Maximum speed is around 2950.
The gpu is running: Usage 62%, Temp 69, Fan 49%. Sorry I don’t play other more demanding games, but there is enough detail about them elsewhere.

The sound system - is the Nvdia HD audio via the HDMI cable. I still haven’t worked out how to adjust the sound. The Realtek onboard sound is available via the motherboard connectors that I have not used yet.

My set is going back as there is a fault in the screen and a new ‘device is being built for me.

There is no bluetooth and I will need to change my selection of PCI-E card.

This build is rather overkill for what I need, but I wanted an All in One that was not going to overheat - thus I chose the larger screen format. It is also rather nice to be able to have multiple screens open at a time. This is my retirement present to myself.

As soon as I can post more photos - I will.

Attachments

• 20180107_093914.jpg
    20180107_093914.jpg
    662.3 KB · Views: 629

couldridge1

VanGuard II Gamer AIO Pc about

Chassis & Display VanGuard Series: 32" Non-Touch 2K QHD Screen (2560 x 1440)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-7700 (3.6GHz) 8MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS® ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs
Memory (RAM) 16GB HyperX SAVAGE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 8GB Kit)
Graphics Card 6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060 - DVI, HDMI, 3 x DP - GeForce GTX VR Ready!
1st Hard Disk 480GB KINGSTON UV400 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (550MB/R, 500MB/W)
2nd Hard Disk WD Black PCIe NVMe 512GB SSD m.2
Power Supply CORSAIR 550W VS SERIES™ VS-550 POWER SUPPLY

Now I am starting to realise that after a year of beautiful 2k 60fps the graphics card is bottlenecking performance (Battlefront 2 and Battlefield 1 dropping below 60fps to the 50s) and I want to upgrade, does anyone have any idea of the largest length of graphics card that the chassis will support. The 1060 6gb is around 25cm whereas a 1080ti is around 27cm (Titan Xp 27.5cm), if I can work out the size it will take I will be able to decide on the upgrade.

Help will be much appreciated.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Different models of 1060 and 1080 ti etc are different sizes. Some 1080s can be 330mm iirc. Your best bet may be to just look inside the case and see. Or phone PCS if they can give you the exact spec.

Also note that some models of GPU are 2.5 or 3 slots deep. Even though they only take up 2 brackets at the back, the coolers are thick and hang down further.

There are of course cards like the Zotac Mini https://www.zotac.com/us/product/graphics_card/zotac-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-mini#spec

Make sure you're comfortable with the kind of airflow there is, since cards above the 1060 are quite a lot hotter.